Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The City Hall courier is driving the old range master van and just gave this to me

Simunition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,234 Posts
Is that "paintball ammo" for force on force training?

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
I think it is. The last time at the club I picked up some odd looking brass, like what you have there, and ask questions about it. Turns out it was simunition used in a force on force training class.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
If it is, it is stupid. Training with real weapons shooting fake ammo at each other... too much risk of someone loading real ammo by accident. I would have to check the chamber with every single shot. IMHO
I'm certainly no expert on the subject but I'm fairly certain the guns used cannot shoot real ammo.

·
Registered
15,137 Posts
Yep, that's real simunition. Not the fake stuff they pass off to regular consumers.

Reactions: FreeInAZ

·
Registered
478 Posts
That is used for training. I've seen videos on it, and I believe there's a place in Vegas where you can go and use that stuff in a paintball-esque match/training. I believe the guns are glocks but the barrel, and subsequently the receivers, are different to accept that ammo. Real ammo will not work in those guns and that round probably wouldn't work in a real gun. It may go off but there probably wouldn't be any accuracy.

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
I'm certainly no expert on the subject but I'm fairly certain the guns used cannot shoot real ammo.
Well yes and no... simunitions are designed to be fired from a barrel designed for it only for safety reasons and is lower pressure/velocity compared to real ammo. Those barrels are usually color coded for the rounds (blue for blue) (red/orange for the same)...however, those barrels are used in real service pistols ...Glocks, M&P's, SIGs etc... then swapped out (if need be, department can't afford dedicated training pistols) for service with the real barrels by the departments armors.

At least that's my understanding from years back.

·
Registered
36,765 Posts
so? you are saying that all the training guns are chambered in 38 Special, 32 Auto and 25 Auto then??------

well that should get this post hopping now!!

·
Registered
36,765 Posts
If it is, it is stupid. Training with real weapons shooting fake ammo at each other... too much risk of someone loading real ammo by accident. I would have to check the chamber with every single shot. IMHO
PSSHAW!
they never have any accidents during training seminars!
after all they are professionals.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts