Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and at about the 2:20 mark, we can see the Texas resident being stopped is wearing a kilt....

anyone we know here?:)

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Me yammy packo! No green card puerko! So what would be the difference?

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Was the AR needed, by the popo?

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Seems the officer has forgotten he is a public SERVANT, not a judge or an attorney. But the bozo wearing the gun without ID wasn't helping his case either.

Reactions: Yissnakk

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
He was stopping a guy carrying an AR(or an AK, I can't tell from the video on my phone) so he matched firepower. It looks to me like the guy tried to avoid the officer in the beginning of the video, so the officer wasn't taking chances with him.

I understand not submitting to searches or questioning, but the guy seems to have made this video almost as if he baited the officers by avoiding him. At least that's how I see it.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
The Kilt wearer seems to think that acting shady is a good way to make a point, but to be honest, if I saw that dude scurrying around my neighborhood, I'd have a weapon close at hand until he left.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

·
22,027 Posts
If I was that police officer, and someone was actively trying to avoid me while carrying an AR, I'd get out of the car carrying mine, no doubt about it.

That citizen is not helping the cause of 2A rights. At all.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I like how the cop kept pressing for tips, an admission, anything to get this guy on. Sorry, but having talked to LEOs about this, and seeing the fruit of such conversations, EVERY SINGLE THING THEY ASK YOU is a pump for something, some info that could lead to an arrest. He said several times that he wanted to tell the "complaining families" that people are allowed to carry guns and rifles in Texas, Texas loves their guns, etc, but that he "can't say that".

Why the heck not? All he needs to do with people like that is say "You ain't got no problem, sir/ma'am. we're on the ***********. Get back in your car, chill out and wait for the cavalry which should be coming directly". (paraphrased from Marcellus Wallace - Pulp Fiction)

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
Look what I'm about to say may startle or make some of you mad. Sorry if that's the case. The police are not around to be your friend or more importantly help you, PERIOD! The SCOTUS (the Supreme Court of the United States) has ruled multiple times that: POLICE HAVE NO DUTY TO PROTECT THE PUBLIC.

Did this officer do anything wrong? Yes & no IMHO. Police must be able to articulate a reasonable suspicion that a crime has been or is about to be committed to lawfully detain someone. Most states are not stop & ID. Meaning - unless you have committed a crime you are not required to show ID or even have it in your possession.

Simply put the officer knew the man had committed no crime, hence he should not have stopped the man "until he did observe a violation of the law".

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
Every time a LEO takes your information it gets entered into the LEIN database. LEIN = Law Enforcement Inquiries Network. This means whenever a officer runs your ID they see any and all police contacts that you ever had. I don't blame the citizen for not wanting a record of a "armed contact with police".

Assuming he drives - his next traffic stop could get ugly fast!

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
Police as humans are generally good people meaning well. But as humans they make mistakes & also have "goofs" in their ranks just like any other segment of society.

Talking to someone who is trained to find violations is a fools errand and usually ends badly. Don't take my word for it.

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
When he said he had no ID I stopped watching

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Look what I'm about to say may startle or make some of you mad. Sorry if that's the case. The police are not around to be your friend or more importantly help you, PERIOD! The SCOTUS (the Supreme Court of the United States) has ruled multiple times that: POLICE HAVE NO DUTY TO PROTECT THE PUBLIC.

Did this officer do anything wrong? Yes & no IMHO. Police must be able to articulate a reasonable suspicion that a crime has been or is about to be committed to lawfully detain someone. Most states are not stop & ID. Meaning - unless you have committed a crime you are not required to show ID or even have it in your possession.

Simply put the officer knew the man had committed no crime, hence he should not have stopped the man "until he did observe a violation of the law".

I disagree. The officer did not know whether the guy (1) was committing a crime, (2) had just committed a crime, or (3) was about to commit a crime. I have no problem with the way the officer handled the situation.

You note in your next post that you don't blame the guy for not wanting "a record of an 'armed contact with police.'" I have to disagree there, too. An "armed contact with the police" is EXACTLY what this guy wanted. He got it, and should fully expect that there would be a record of it.

I don't have a problem with open carry, but walking around like this, no matter your intentions, makes these guys look like buffoons and fans the flames of the anti-gunners. As far as I am concerned, those of us who cherish the Second Amendment don't need his help, or the help of his like. Just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts