Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Would you be willing to buy parts/accessories for the Canik TP9 series of pistols?

• Yes

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Shut up and take my money!

Votes: 2 7.1%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm sure many of us know that there currently isn't an aftermarket for this wonderful Canik TP9 series of pistols.

For those of you not familiar with this pistol, it's basically a copy of the Walther P99. The pistol is being made in Turkey and Century Arms is importing them. On the street prices are between 330-370. These are excellent pistols and I dare you to find a bad review on them or really anything bad about them on the interwebs. Canik and Century are being receptive to us the customers and quickly upgrading these pistols for us. So far there is the original TP9, TP9SA, TP9V2, TP9SF and TP9SFX along with talks of them making a compact version sometime in the future.

This was brought up in a prior forum
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/m...6124-pt111-g2-steel-guide-rod-project-26.html
(And yes, the magazines for the Canik TP9 will work in the Taurus PT111 Millennium G2)

Looks like if we can maybe get enough support, (business name redacted) might be interested in making aftermarket parts and accessories for the Canik TP9 series of pistols. Which would be awesome and maybe he could corner the market. :D

So what do folks think?

Sorry if I encroached on anyone's safe space. I don't work for any company nor am I pushing anything. I'd just like to see a striving American aftermarket support for this pistol. There isn't an aftermarket at all and it would be nice to have options. We all don't wear the same uniform or drive the same government issued car. And fine, I can cobble things together and make a frankengun, but I'd like parts that I know will work, be realible, functional, fit correctly and maybe look good as well with minimal fuss.

Here are some youtube reviews on the Canik TP9 series of pistols.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Probably the #1 reason I didn't buy the TP9 SA.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Absolutely. There is an excellent market share for someone who takes up offering aftermarket parts for the TP9s!
For those not following the other forum. What were the mods you did? Why'd you decide to put a Glock striker spring in your Canik and it fit and functions properly?

·
Registered
568 Posts
I am curious what accessories you want that aren't already in the kit or available from other guns? CZ sights fit SA's and P99 sights fit gen 1 TP9's. There are several holsters available and some Glock 17/22 holsters fit it already. What else do you want?

·
Registered
21,115 Posts
It's a good looking gun, but 9mm

·
Registered
36,602 Posts
It's a good looking gun, but 9mm
its designed for Europians and us American guys with weak wrist!!!------------:image041:

Reactions: ChrisH and Texheim

·
Registered
36,602 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am curious what accessories you want that aren't already in the kit or available from other guns? CZ sights fit SA's and P99 sights fit gen 1 TP9's. There are several holsters available and some Glock 17/22 holsters fit it already. What else do you want?
where do I start?:unsure:ported slides would be nice. Oh and also ported and extended barrels, mounted and fixes compensators, ammo counters, mag holder, grips, more variety triggers and weighted systems, magwells, strobe and light sight that fit prorerly and more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts