Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased I Interarms era Rossi m971 snub-nosed revolver, which includes the extended muzzle brake. Very nice condition. While cleaning it, looking from the muzzle, I visibly can not see any rifling in the barrel. Brought it in to the FFL who transferred the revolver to me, he looked down the muzzle and his first response was, He then looked at it from the cylinder side and explained, "There's rifling in the barrel, it rolled rifling." :confused:

Can anyone with Interarms Rossi revolver experience explain this to me? Anything I should be concerned about? Thanks in advance!

Regards,

DG

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Don't have an answer for you but welcome to the forum and show us a pic!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just got a 4" 971 and it has regular rifling in it that is plain to see. I'm not sure what "rolled rifling" is.

·
Registered
28,071 Posts
He's probably referring to button rifling. If so, that's a good thing. Don't know why you wouldn't see it, though.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Never heard of Rolled Rifling. Maybe original and incorrect terminology. If your Rossi is like the Taurus model with porting, the expansion chamber is larger in diameter and rifling stops just before the expansion chamber. Never heard of a Rossi revolver not having conventional land and groove (button) rifling.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts