Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here you go, an easy, quick and cheap, do-it-yourself inside-waist-band holster. In this case, it's for a Taurus Model 85, but you could of course do whatever you want with it. I didn't really search to see if anyone has done it quite this way... so if I'm blatantly plagiarizing, please let me know.

Make it in no time flat, and enjoy. Use it wisely; if you hurt yourself, it's your fault.

BASIC IDEA: take an old pair of jeans, cut out one of the back pockets leaving two of the belt loops attached. Fold & sew to get the thing to hang at the right depth. Sew the outline of your gun if you want a snug fit, or leave it open if you want it to be easily adjusted/moved while wearing. My first attempt I sewed by hand, I'll use a machine for the next version.

I gotta say, it fits right where I intended, and if worn with the same color jeans, it blends right in. The denim is very comfortable against the skin, and is thin enough to be barely more than the gun itself.

Since a picture is worth 1000 words, here are a few pictures of the thing:
DSCF8070.JPG DSCF8073.JPG DSCF8076.JPG DSCF8088.JPG DSCF8089.JPG

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are two more pics, with the holster worn. Yeah, the thing stands out a bit if you are wearing dark jeans, but you get the point. With similar colored jeans, it's just a few extra belt loops.

DSCF8096.JPG DSCF8099.JPG

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Excellent idea. Except I don't sew. If I was as thin as you it would probably fit well, but I have some what hangs over on the side and think it could be a little uncomfortable.

·
Super Moderator
21,631 Posts
Well thats a new one? A gun to accessories your wardrobe. :) Just funnin with ya!!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Neat idea. I like it. I made my first IWB holster back in 92 for the PM I carried as a LEO back in USSR. I though I was the first one on the planet to come up with the IWB idea. I was only 20 at the time :)

Cheers,
Mad

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Nice job! It works, and beats paying more any day. Plus you have the bonus of using something that you yourself made. I'll bet your 85 likes the new ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts