Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nice!
I was familiar with the procedure from watching a video on YouTube, it took about 5 minutes from mail box to installed. No more dangling pinky. Grip feels good.
I don't know if its my imagination but the guns feels lighter in weight with the new grip. I wish I would have weighed the two grips before I installed and its not worth it to take them back off to find out.
The exposed back strap should not be a problem as the back strap is exposed on my S&W 686 .357 mag. and its as tame to shoot as a new puppy.
Tapping the grip makes a hollow sound unlike the factory grip, as a matter of fact tapping the gun anywhere resounds with the same hollow sound.

Edit: The gun is lighter. It weighs 15 3/8 oz (empty) with the new grip. It weighed 16 3/8 with the factory grip.... an ounce lighter, almost unbelievable. Recoil is not much of a concern with this piece as it is strictly for carry where IMO weight or lack of is a premium. Perhaps the new grip will tame a little of the brutal recoil I've experienced with this ultra lite piece.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I think you'll like the grips. I've been a Hogue fan for a long time.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Ok, I need to see a picture both B&A, I might need to know if I want to put them on my M-85UL....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a couple I took from this forum, before is on the right.

100_3052.jpg Picture063.jpg

·
Registered
89 Posts
whats with that indention near the cylinder lock?? mine dont have that...........

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats with that indention near the cylinder lock?? mine dont have that...........
I assume you are asking about the cut out for a speedloader. Can you use a speedloader without the cut out? You have Hogue?

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Hogue makes great stuff. I like Pachmyr best, but I use Hogue as well. As to shooting comfort, the new grips should definitely make a difference. Superior material and ergonomics should make it much more pleasant to shoot.......

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like Pachmyr best, but I use Hogue as well........
I ordered the Hogue from Amazon, Pachmyrs were $10 more. My main concern was a the added length for my little finger. A bonus was the 1 oz. less weight than the stock grips plus they are more comfortable. I also notice when I throw the gun up to take aim the slightly lower natural position of my hand with the Hogue causes the sight to line up naturally.

My innate desire for thriftiness influenced my decision to go with the Hogue. I think I'll be happy with um.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i do have a hogue and mine does not have that, and i didnt know they made one with the cut out, and Yes i can use a speed loader but its VERY difficult................... got a part # for that one? id be interested in switching LOL

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
54 Posts
Did the Hogue grip affect the conceal ability of the pistol? I have an 85 Titanium that I carry in a leather holster in my front pocket and I like the idea of the extra grip length but not at the expense of carry in my pocket.

R/Bud

1 - 11 of 11 Posts