Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the best day shooting but it was good to get out. No targets to post. The best group of 10 I shot was almost identical to the other one I posted the other day. All at the top of the bull and arched from about 1Oclock to 2 Oclock. on the line circling the bull. Probably about a 1.75 moa @ 50 yards which would translate to about 3-4 moa at 100 yds.

I know I have to reset the scope. Eye relief distance is critical on this scope. I had a clear view at home but on the bench I had to snuggle up tight and that set up some muscle tension.

Now I will just have to load up another 50-100 rounds so I can go sight in again.

Just so happened the guys next to me were shooting 223/5.56 also and they said I could have their brass...and they helped me pick it up. I could have had about 300 rds of 9mm also but i have a couple thousand empties of that.

It was worth picking up the 223s...about 300 of them. Saves me a bit of the filthy green lucre.

Cant wait to go again.

·
Registered
24,534 Posts
A bad day at the range is still better than a good day at work.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A bad day at the range is still better than a good day at work.
Most of the range was still crusted over with snow and ice. But that didn't stop about 50-60 people from getting out in the 39 degree sunshine. We are expecting a weeks worth of warm weather, some days above the 50 degree mark. It will be a mud hole down there when the white stuff is gone but that just means Spring is here...finally. I need one more day to sight in, then I am off to call coyotes.

It was hard work crunching back and forth. I have not got a lot of exercise lately and I can sure feel it in my legs today. But, if I can load up about 100 rounds, I will be good to go.

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
Thanks for the range report hombre! I'm glad you were able to get to the shooting range in our nice weather. I'm jealous because I had to stay at home woking on honey do's in the nice weather. For you Big, Tough Texas boys that means us Iowa's put on shorts and play outside when it gets to 45 degrees.:)

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Always nice breaking in a new rifle!

Reactions: hombre243

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Always nice breaking in a new rifle!
Now if I can just learn how to shoot better. I am afraid age is make me into a shaky-jake. I will paraphrase a comment from a previous post...My hands used to be steady as a surgeon's but now I think I COULD actually thread the needle on a running sewing machine. I tried to pinch my girlfriend's butt and she had to hold my hand and back into it.:icon_ rofl:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts