Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got it today. It is a super easy install. If your familiar with taking your striker guide out then this is about a 4 minute job. There's videos on you tube that show very well how to do this mod. I did it at my work table with everything on it that I needed. One small flat edge screwdriver. The only thing to really watch is when you remove and install the plastic collars from the firing pin spring. You don't want to go hunting for that small stuff when it's flown every which a way. I did use the stock springs. Didn't see the need for new ones yet.

I didn't have the hitch in my trigger I just wanted a piece of metal there. The plastic guide bugged me a bit and the metal part doesn't. I may try the recoil assembly at a later point. I'll let you know if it feels any different on at the range but I don't really expect it to.

Here's a couple of pictures.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
I also did the Lakeline striker guide mod. I did have the 'hitch' in the trigger. MUCH smoother now and it was a simple job to do. There are a few vids on utoob that show the step by step. Nice mod.

Reactions: sanford1212

·
Super Moderator
38,009 Posts
I had no issues installing mine either. Initially, until the tolerances were worked out, the instructions included the advice that reaming out the striker channel *might* be necessary. When I put it into my pistol some 8-10 months back I had no issues with clearance.

amen on the spring collars...I was wishing I had an extra five fingers when I take that assembly apart.

Reactions: sanford1212

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
They are a little fiddly. Having old fingers and eyes doesn't help but it was done without incident thank goodness. I happened to have a capacitor that I use to restore old radios handy. It fit in the back of the guide and held the spring higher which made it easier to work on also working on a towel instead of a smooth surface to prevent a slip is a good idea.

·
Registered
875 Posts
With those spring collars on the G2s, I have found putting the striker assembly in the slide's striker channel backwards allows the foot of the striker to catch on the edge and the spring is held all the way at the top. I've also slid the slide end cap in the slot to hold the spring up, but the slide channel is more stable. If I can, I like to do things with whatever is on hand. Just another way to do it if it helps anybody out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts