Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have inside scoop on "refurbished" taurus revolvers?

Does the "X" mean that it is mechanically sound with finish issues? Or so that the sign of a lemon?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I thought I read a while back that they are display guns and warranty returns that have been returned to full function. They may have cosmetic blemishes, however, are fully functional and are covered by Taurus lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So - this isn't anything to worry about?

refurb.jpg

·
Administrator
35,317 Posts
As it says, the warranty is still good except for cosmetic stuff. You should still give it a thorough looking over and examination before purchasing one though, just like a brand new one.

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
I've got an M17 Tracker refurb - works fine. only thing wrong I could find is the Tracker imbossed label on barrel is barely visible - cosmetic only. I'd do it again - saved me $125/150 for the blemish.

Reactions: jakerson9

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
I don't know.......I mean, everybody knows that prettier guns work better! :cool:

Hell, I'd love a gun with a blemish if it means a big discount!

When the time comes, they only way I'll be looking at it is down the sights - if even then.

And the guy on the other end won't like how it looks no matter how much polish, shine or bling it has!

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
They may have cosmetic blemishes,
My favorite guns are missing some bluing somewhere. They got that way being my favorite guns. My Granddaddy used to pull rabbits outa briers with the end of a .22lr rifle barrel. The tip of that barrel is missing the blueing from rabbit blood. Can buy that. :)

Save a few bucks and get a quality gun with a Lifetime Warranty? I'm in!

·
Registered
13,952 Posts
It's a matter of finish, not function. Do you really think that ANY gun manufacture would knowingly sale a defective operational weapon to the public and expect to be released from any and all liability simply by placing a sticker on the box.

That ain't ever going to happen in todays consumer law suite society.

Heck, even cans or jars of peanuts have to have a notice some where that say this container may contain peanuts or peanut additives.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks y'all.
Your input is Very Much Appreciated.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
I think I would take a chance on one of these over a brand new one. At least this one has been used and the problems found and fixed, therefore you will most likely never have to send it back unless something else breaks over time. My brand new 44SS8 only lasted one trip to the range and had to be sent back for repair, after its return, there has been no problems and it has put over 500 rounds down range after its return.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Personally, I like the refurbs better than new. One, they have at least been looked over in detail by a qualified gunsmith and two, they are usually much cheaper than a new pistol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts