1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
36,422 Posts
Nicked his aorta! Amazing that he survived and didn't bleed out. Cop needs to be charged.

·
Registered
14,918 Posts
The bodycam video looks pretty damning to me. Time to convene a grand jury.

Reactions: 777Driver

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I couldn't see from the video when or how he was shot. I'm going to have to see what happened. I could hear when or what happened as well. I did see the news people showing you bits and pieces telling you what they think.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Someone with a big screen might be able to tell better, but is there a glass storm door and of course a heavy front door? The officer has to see the owner and the gun. Did he shoot through a side window? I could not tell. At some point the door was opened. Need much more information.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am one that fully supports police and I know many. It is not a job I would want. Though this is just plain Wrong!

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
Based on the information available, there was wrong doing. However we need to hear all the facts before we know for sure.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If he was approaching the house because of a medical emergency alarm then why was he approaching the house with his weapon drawn?

With my medical history and the number of times 911/EMS has been called the police are always the 1st responders and not once have I ever had an officer arrive at my house with his gun drawn.

I also suspect that if you go ringing someone's door at midnight you had better be prepared that the person answering the door may be armed! I would be!!! Also every time the police have come to my house for a medical emergency their car outside has always had the flashing light on and there was no mistaking who was there.

·
Registered
36,465 Posts
well things are different in different areas depending on rules/ and the way things (public Safety ) are laid out.
here in Atlanta its a 99.9% chance that a Fire /EMS is going to be on scene well before the Ambulance or Police, of course IF a police car or ambulance happen by chance to be a block away then they can be there first, but this don't happen much.
second Here the police are on scene mostly for assitance/safety, their protocol MAY address a weapon being drawn or not, typically here they are not drawn until a size up of the scene dictates the need.
But police are trianed in basic medical emergency assitance so they will / may / usually respond to medical emergency calls.
why the home owner was not in contact with 911 is not understandable to me unless he just did not think to call them wehn he heard soemoen at his door at that time of night?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I am one that fully supports police and I know many. It is not a job I would want. Though this is just plain Wrong!
Fully agree with kmw1954.

Whether this cop should be prosecuted needs to be determined by a Grand Jury after all the facts are in.
But this guy should NOT be a cop. His panic mode is way too sensitive.

If someone's pounding on my door late at night, I'd be answering with a gun in my hand too.

·
Super Moderator
19,803 Posts
No matter what the facts eventually show, the “door open vs door closed” fact is insurmountable. And the cop wasn’t returning fire, he initiated it. As to the details in the video, it is explained that there is a 30 second sound activated delay. When he video begins, the cop is yelling to the suspect to throw out his gun but the deputy’s shots had already downed the homeowner. - and we note the closed door.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I wonder if dispatch told him it was an alarm. Not a medical alert thing maybe? Anyway, he also told the dude he rang the door bell but that isn't on the video. The county needs to pay that guy.

Reactions: 777Driver

·
Registered
36,465 Posts
It's incredible that the homeowner is still alive.
A shot that pierced his aorta, and another shot in the groin near two Femeral arteries?
I'm amazed he didn't bleed out.
ahh , you know I bet that police department went back to the 9 MM, we all know the 9 MM won't hurt anyone!!
No wait that's the 40 S & W won't hurt anyone---NO wait--hell what week is it anyway?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts