Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to thinkin' about this yesterday and thought I'd toss it out here for discussion. I had a patrol sergeant in the early '70's that carried a last resort pistol in his boot. A local boot maker placed the female side of a snap inside his boot top. He placed the male side on the side of a very small semi-auto, make and caliber I do not recall, with epoxy. He carried it this way as long as I knew him. Doubt if he dreamed it up himself, but I never saw it before or since. I think today even a small holster could be used in this fashion as an upgrade to the idea.

I thought this was innovative and practical. So what unusual methods have you seen practiced or even heard of. I can't think of many myself. :angel:

Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
I have seen from my son, a clip on holster for the top of a boot. But it only held a 2 shoot derringer.

I have several pairs of western boots, where the top is loose enough to contain a small revolver, or derringer. But it would have to be a really small semi auto. Never did I even think about a snap, on gun and boot, to hold it there.

Registered
Kudos for your patrol sergeant. That is some out-of-the-box thinking. I don't wear boots large enough to test the idea, but it is an idea that merits remembering.

Administrator
I sometimes carry my PT145 in this:

I can't carry at work, but I can see where this might come in handy just put into my briefcase.......

Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
texastaurusguy said:
I sometimes carry my PT145 in this:
I can't carry at work, but I can see where this might come in handy just put into my briefcase.......
I am seriously considering that style! I have the cases that fit my PT111 very well, Just have to remove the binder rings or make a small holster that would snap into them (which I actually like better than having a holster in one side of the case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts