Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just inherited my Grandparents house. Up in an attic closet, there were these!
They were my Grandfathers service revolvers (Chicago PD - retired in '86).
The middle one is a Colt Trooper (from 1957) and the other two are S&W Chief Specials (both from 1956). All of them are .38's.

They all need some cleaning but otherwise it seems like all functions work. I can't wait to fire these babies!

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Nice find! Congrats!

·
Registered
24,845 Posts
Those are beautiful.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Those are nice indeed!

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
That is an impressive collection! Besides the fact that they are classic revolvers and they were your
Grandfather's, think of all of the great stories they could tell if they could talk. Thanks for sharing
that photo.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Very nice! I got my dad's guns when he passed and I treasure them. Not only are yours family treasures, but really great guns :thumbup:

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Nice collection, I'd be very proud!

·
Administrator
40,255 Posts
Great acquisition, with a family history! :thumb:

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Those are awesome! How wonderful that you now have them and can appreciate them; they're a great link to your family's past -and hopefully to future generations, too, as those firearms will likely keep working for many years to come! Enjoy holding them, cleaning them, and shooting them!:rolleyes:

Reactions: aphdmansoc

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
I'm sorry for how you came about them but they sure do look nice. Enjoy them for many years to come and in good health.

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
Guns with a family history are always special. Those three should all be sweet shooters as well!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
There's a special connection with guns that are handed down from blood relatives, I hunt with my late Fathers deer rifle every season and in the deer woods, when all is quiet, I stare at that beautiful wood and deep blue metal and the flood of memories starts rolling in. Take those revolvers and shoot them, your Grandfather will be smiling down on you.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts