Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DH has been reading about the M905 in one of his magazines and started asking me questions, to which I have no answers - like, what does it shoot like? :)

I tried to use the search function here on TA to find out anything about the 905, but that hasn't worked real well for me so far - so - thoughts and opnions on the M905, please!

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Personally, although I have nothing against the 9mm, both the 405 and 905 use the moon clips which I found a pain to use. If you don't use the moon clips, (yes, there are clips) the ammo rattles back and forth in the cylinder. I sold my 405 to a good friend who totally loves it.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
I imagine it shoots much like an M85 since they share a frame, as the 9mm and .38's are almost the same ballistics. I only use the clips for carry ammo, I don't bother with them on the range in my 405. I should have let you give it a few shots at the meet in October, but it kind of slipped my mind running on low sleep.

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hee-hee! Thanks for the offer Montkun - at the time, neither DH nor I were even thinking in that direction! We can't carry here so it wouldn't be or carry purposes - just for curiosity and plinking and range time!

I LOVE my new-ish to me M85 and it is comfortable to shoot (it came with a Pachmyer compac grip on it - which I could find more of those!!), so I guess I can assume that with the longer small frame grip that Taurus has, that the M905 would be comfortable for DH to hold and shoot!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
To me the M905 had more felt recoil than my M605 .357 Magnum. Plus I did not like the moon clips.

·
Registered
524 Posts
You don't need the clips if you can find the 9mm Auto Rim ammo lol I recall when Charter Arms brought out a 9mm snub but it was for 9mm Auto Rim and the hype kind of died.......

I handled a nice 905 years ago when they first came out, my local mom and pop country gun shop (now out of business:( ) had one and I wish I had just bought the dam thing. Now I want one, and could have already had one.....I haven't seen any since "in the Wild" to buy and I'm tired of the Gunbroker song and dance, too much hassle anymore.

Another gun shop also had dozens of the blue 405's about 3 years ago for something like $350, I should have bought one of those too.....

I'm looking for an all steel 9mm revolver to shoot and carry, the S&W 9mm snubs are too expensive, the Ruger SP's are like $1,000 for a decent one and I don't want a 9mm LCR.

The 905 seems like a great option, wish they'd make one with a 3" tube to split the difference so it can be more of a "shooters carry gun".

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I love my M905 and don't mind using the clips at all, although I don't like the flimsy stock Taurus ones. I think it's a must that you get the TK Custom clips at the below link. Not cheap and adds to the cost of the firearms, but make a big difference, in my opinion.

Welcome to TK Custom.com & Moonclips.com

I love being able to shoot the same self-defense ammo as my 9mm auto. I have the stainless hammerless version with Thai grips. Great little weapon! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts