Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to know the age and other info. on my recent purchase. Called Taurus c/s and all they could tell me was that it is around 25 yrs. old. The serial # is L63xxx and made in Brazil on the other side. I would appreciate any and all info. THANKS

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
If I recall correct, if it says Brazil on the side records are not reall kept. So the over 25 years maybe the best you can find out.

That being said, WELCOME TO the T/A Forum.

·
Super Moderator
40,396 Posts
Would like to know the age and other info. on my recent purchase. Called Taurus c/s and all they could tell me was that it is around 25 yrs. old. The serial # is L63xxx and made in Brazil on the other side. I would appreciate any and all info. THANKS
Can you post a picture of it? Does it have European Style Mag Release? This will help narrow it down for you a little bit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can't post a picture but the mag release is located at the rear of the trigger guard. Thanks for all your replys.

·
Super Moderator
40,396 Posts
can't post a picture but the mag release is located at the rear of the trigger guard. Thanks for all your replys.
Sounds like a mid to late 80's model.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THANKS, guess it dosen't really matter as long as it performs as it should. Regardless of it's age I'm way ahead of it!

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
so did you run the serial number through the website???
I have a model 99 that i bought new in 1987 and it is listed on the website search.
I think the Europian mag release predates that time!
Mine does NOT have a decocker, it does have the American (if you will) mag release just like todays 99.
Not sure how much you can make out with mine being Z-coated but one side says PT99AF and the other side says Made in Brazil.
NOTE: Notice the lanyard ring on the earlier models.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reply and pictures. Except for the color and the writing above the trigger on the side that says made in Brazil mine is just like yours including the lanyard ring.( can't read the writing mentioned above) Also have the similar Packmier . What website are you refering to?

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
Thanks for the reply and pictures. Except for the color and the writing above the trigger on the side that says made in Brazil mine is just like yours including the lanyard ring.( can't read the writing mentioned above) Also have the similar Packmier . What website are you refering to?
go to the Taurus website, go to find my model, put in the serial number , if its in the computer then it should come up, normally if its not in the computer then customer service can look it up for you, if really interested you might want to give them another call and see if someone there will not actually look it up for you.
lanyard ring, no decocker, standard mag release I think you are looking at a mid to late 80's model myself.
good luck!

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Find My Model

By the description, i'm guessing around 1986-88 for your model year. Try the link above and it should hopefully give you a better year than our estimates.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts