Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man shot in face at Kroger had active arrest warrant | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

Here is one story. i like the part about how an employee having a gun in the work place is a state and federal crime. show some support for the manager by contacting kroger here...
https://customer.kroger.com/comments/comments.aspx/

Basics of the story, a man approaches a female associate and places what has been called a "hard object" to her back and leads her to the office. the store manager then proceeds to exercise his second amendment right by shooting the robber in the face, ending the situation. he later died at the hospital.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Hope the manager doesn't lose his job over this. I'd hate to have to stop shopping at Kroger's.

Reactions: Harrychl and FZ1

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Another misunderstood angel, railroaded by the system, and put in the grave by a madman.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Reactions: aquajim

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
+1. I wonder why the media likes the phrase 'shot in the face' so much. To me you got shot in the face if the bullet stopped there. It appears this gent got shot in the head.

·
Registered
31,688 Posts
Lubbock had an armed robbery night before last that didn't end so well, a young male employee was shot several times in the chest over a tip jar at a private pizza place and died. He wasn't trying to intervene, he just happened to come from another room as the two bad guys were leaving. One of the two bad guys had a Star Tattoo below an eye and another star tattoo on his neck. They were both caught in Abilene today. The young man who was killed was a preachers son from Lovington, NM and well thought of.
I wish someone had been carrying in that Pizza place.

Suspects in custody in connection with One Guy shooting | Lubbock Online | Lubbock Avalanche-Journal

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
If more people acted like this Kroger manager, I would suspect that crime would drop. Again it is a good thing that this did not happen in the neighboring state. As far as the guy in Lubbock, prayers go out to his family and may those BGs get what they deserve.

Reactions: racebear

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
That's what every bad guy should expect when they walk into someplace to rob or steal!! Sorry God forgive me but I think he should have gotten two round in the (face) head!! They ought to give that Kroger guy a raise..

·
Registered
390 Posts
"As far as the guy in Lubbock, prayers go out to his family and may those BGs get what they deserve"

We know what these scum bags deserve but no doubt we'll be hearing about them in 3-4 years. Same MO, same friggin' results. :bang: :mad:.

·
Registered
31,688 Posts
"As far as the guy in Lubbock, prayers go out to his family and may those BGs get what they deserve"

We know what these scum bags deserve but no doubt we'll be hearing about them in 3-4 years. Same MO, same friggin' results. :bang: :mad:.
Lubbock juries are known for giving the Death penalty when appropriate, and this case seems appropriate.

·
Registered
27,088 Posts
My question is where did Fox 59 come up with those laws? And have they issued a correction?

·
Registered
31,688 Posts
My question is where did Fox 59 come up with those laws? And have they issued a correction?
They are just quoting the Laws Obama plans on getting enacted. Pulling the trigger a little early.

Reactions: GunsandNoses

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
they need a source. only thing that he broke was company policy. i would love to read those statutes.

·
Registered
773 Posts
The star tattoo is a marking of the latino gang, Tango Blast, one of the largest gangs in TX and they are very bad news. I deal with these bastards on a day to day basis, very ruthless individuals.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Looks like the Lubbock twins will be getting a date with "Old Squirty", lead poisoning would have been better and much cheaper.

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
You know, if a company has a policy in place that allows for the injury, or death, of either an employee or a customer, they would be sued into oblivion. Yet, when a pizza driver is robbed and killed, the company wrings it's hands, and talks about how dangerous things are. Or, when a driver, or, as in this instance, a manager, intervenes with deadly force, saving an innocent life, they are fired for having violated policy.

Such a double-standard shouldn't be allowed to stand. If a company has a policy that states that the employees may not be armed, legally, then that company should be liable when the inevitable robbery occurs, and people are threatened, or visited, by injury. You don't want employees to defend themselves? Fine,. The it's YOUR corporate responsibility to have in place sufficient protection to avoid that. Not just a "Security Guard", but a comprehensive plan.

A couple of "billion dollar" wrongful death suits would wake corporate America up. Especially as the current policy, one of submission, is rapidly leading to the wanton slaughter of people who DO surrender to the slightest threat.

·
Registered
114 Posts
As a customer, i would be happy to shop at a retail store knowing full well the management is armed and willing to defend the innocent against any gun weilding bg. Its sad that a life was taken, but it also sends a message that it is one store that is safe to shop at. Corperate should be thanking this manager and not punish him for saving a innocent coworkers life.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Actually Fox 59 is just reporting what the handbook says. To quote the article: Fox 59, however, reported that the Kroger employee handbook prohibits employees from bringing guns onto company premises, in part because it violates state and federal law [emphasis mine]. I wouldn't surprise me that some HR type just threw that in because they didn't want to take the time nor expend the considerable effort to think of a valid reason to prohibit carrying.

·
Registered
298 Posts
State law? Not sure, who knows maybe they have some weird state law that says if an employee carries a handgun to work and it is against company policy, it is considered tresspassing or some other violation. BUT, Federal law? I guess I could sit here and really think about what Federal law, but honestly, having been in Federal law enforcement for what felt like a million years, I cannot for the life of me think of what Federal law was broken. And I really do not have the time, nor the want, to search.

He will probably be let go, and that was his decision; knowing the consequences of his actions. Not saying I agree with Kroger; in fact I don't, but that is the policy he was hired under and I would bet a lunch kroger won't give a damn.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts