Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought Mas Ayoob's book on CCW the other day and read in there that Indiana was the only state which issues a lifetime carry license; the book was apparently printed in 2007 and not sure if that is still true. Anyone from Indiana out there that can comment on that? I believe that some states issue lifetime after age 60 or 65 but, again, uncertain on that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
It is true. You cannot get the lifetime license from the start though you can only get it after your first license is about to expire. I think 45 days til expiration if I remember right. Then pay the added cost for the lifetime license not sure why they do it this way. but they do

·
Registered
270 Posts
It is true. You cannot get the lifetime license from the start though you can only get it after your first license is about to expire. I think 45 days til expiration if I remember right. Then pay the added cost for the lifetime license not sure why they do it this way. but they do
I guess the State Police have changed things.I had never had a LTCH till last year.My first one was a lifetime permit.$75.00 to the state and $50.00 to the county.Wait time is at 13 weeks last time I heard.I had mine in 6 weeks because I got in before the rush.

Tommotto

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I guess the State Police have changed things.I had never had a LTCH till last year.My first one was a lifetime permit.$75.00 to the state and $50.00 to the county.Wait time is at 13 weeks last time I heard.I had mine in 6 weeks because I got in before the rush.

Tommotto

Well maybe you have the more recent Information then you said last year I got my lifetime in 2003 and back then you couldnt get lifetime from the start so maybe it has changed.

Reactions: daytonaredeye

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Hmmm, interesting. I wonder if handgunlaw.us has any recent info on this.

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well maybe you have the more recent Information then you said last year I got my lifetime in 2003 and back then you couldnt get lifetime from the start so maybe it has changed.
Actually, in response to myself in original post, I checked with the CCW app on my iPad and looked at Indiana's carry rules. Seems you hit it square mythical creature (centaur) -- the CCW FAQ section mentioned a lifetime renewal ". . . Within 365 days of expiration" of a permit. Guess your initial licensing period is your probationary period to see if you do anything stupid to exclude you from lifetime carry . .

Was hoping someone from Indiana who had acquired this status could steer us/me clear on this topic. And, also, if anyone else from any other states knew of anything similar in their respective state

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got my first license in 2011 and it was a lifetime. I know a few others who have recently received their first within the past few months also and they are all lifetime licenses. No probationary period here :)

·
Registered
6,530 Posts

Tommotto

Tommotto is spot on and this is the way it is today. My wife picked hers up last May and it took one week to receive it in the mail. I have a couple of co-workers who just went throught the process of filing the on-line application, getting fingerprinted and taking that to the county sheriff office and paying the amounts of $75 for the state and $50 for the county. They are awaiting the license as I type this.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Sounds like a deal! I am jealous! Something for the rest of us to work towards in our states.

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got my first license in 2011 and it was a lifetime. I know a few others who have recently received their first within the past few months also and they are all lifetime licenses. No probationary period here :)
Was just going through this again and noticed we had a new member. Welcome to the best firearms forum on the 'Net md015! Hang around, meet & greet and get to know us some more. Lot of friendly and well intentioned (and informed) folk here. I would encourage you to post on the New Member section as well.

Oh, and appreciate your weighing in on the topic at hand!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Was just going through this again and noticed we had a new member. Welcome to the best firearms forum on the 'Net md015! Hang around, meet & greet and get to know us some more. Lot of friendly and well intentioned (and informed) folk here. I would encourage you to post on the New Member section as well.

Oh, and appreciate your weighing in on the topic at hand!
Thank you for the welcome. I've been around here for a while just kinda sitting back and watching since shortly after I purchased my pt809 back in October. Came across this thread and thought I would put my .02 in. I enjoy what I've read on here so far. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Welcome md105 - from StL. MO - a very gun friendly but no lifetime CCW - YET!

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Welcome from the Northwoods of MN.

A lifetime permit would be great! I can even see it be limited to the first renewal.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Tennessee issues a lifetime hunting and fishing license at 65 but not a gun permit.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I guess things have changed over the years in Indiana. I was issued a lifetime licence 1/28/2008 and it says on my licence $60.00. Maybe that was renewal rate than since I had licence for many years.....

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from North Texas! :wave:

Sent using TapaTalk HD

1 - 19 of 19 Posts