Super Moderator
27,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Dang it!! I was hoping that they were about to set up a call center!:p

Turn about is fair play, after all.

We've spent the last 20 years trying to understand English being spoken with a heavy Hindi accent, I think it's time that they try to understand Hindi being spoken by a New Englander. :devil:

·
Premium Member
11,265 Posts
Or a Texan.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Great article in this month's RECOIL Magazine all about Sig's Defense Strategies Group and how they are making quality military weaponry and marketing them to targeted military forces round the world. Worth a look to anyone who is interested in understanding the machinations of military weapons development and marketing.

·
Super Moderator
27,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thought it was interesting how India is going from 5.56 to 7.62.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I am not really surprised by this move, because the 7.62X51mm (308cal) is a superior round to that of the 5.56 (22cal). More knock down power and better accuracy out to 1000 + yards. So basically, each solider will be carrying a sniper rifle, however ammunition availability and cost could become a problem.

·
Super Moderator
35,534 Posts
I'm hoping the US REadopts the .308/7.62x51 and the glut of ammo production could bring down .308 milspec ammo to .223/7.62xx39 ranges. :D

This quote I find interesting, too.

Armed forces worldwide are adopting more powerful cartridges to deal with the increasing distance in military engagements and pierce armour worn by modern soldiers.

Reactions: jwc007 and rodfair

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
Good for Sig! I had often wondered when the Dragonuv would reaching the end of reasonable service life and what would it’s replacement would be.

Apropos and timely comment regarding the increasing battlefield distances.

Reactions: jwc007

·
Registered
32,257 Posts
Interesting, India is fast tracking the order and after yesterday's killing of 41 Indian soldiers by the Pakistanis, I'm sure Sig is being told to put a rush on that fast track!

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
I think the proliferation of body armor and the increase of engagement range in the region makes going with the 7.62 a very reasonable decision.

The US military has seen that the Taliban are smart enough to engage our forces at distance to take advantage of the limitations of the M4. Shooting from hilltop to hilltop isn't unheard of and the 5.56 isn't exactly the greatest long range round in general and especially when fired from a short barrel like the M4.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
They are updating.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts