Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had any trouble with Independence ammuntition?

My model 82 dosent like it what so ever. The cylinder wont move with that ammo in it.

Guns are more picky than I imagined.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I guess I am really lucky. My .45 and my 9mm with shoot anything you put in them. My .22 will shoot anything except subsonics. All three are semi-auto.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
I have a couple of boxes of Independence in .38 Special and I've had no problems
with it. It is among my collection of range and plinking ammunition and it shoots
well.

·
Registered
218 Posts
my 709 hates it but its good with everything else, i kinda think i just got a bad box or two as i have used it in other guns without problems.

Reactions: Tatoreed

·
Registered
7,138 Posts
Has anybody had any trouble with Independence ammuntition?

My model 82 dosen't like it what so ever. The cylinder wont move with that ammo in it.

Guns are more picky than I imagined.
I tried several boxes of their 357 Magnum 158gr JSP in my three 357 Magnum guns (S&W 686 4", Taurus 617SS2 2¼", and Taurus® 605SS2 2"). In all three guns I had multiple FTF. It's junk AFAIAC and I will not use it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, found out what was wrong. Somehow the primers on the cartidges were sticking out too far and hitting the frame. Dont know how this happend. So I got it replaced. Replacement works great. Thanks ya'll for the help :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts