Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by Academy last night to look at shotguns and see what else they had. Surprised to see a TCP380. A month or so ago, I missed one at another shop by a day and had been looking for one since.

I bought the TCP380. I was surprised at how quickly the transaction went through. When I bought my PT22, it seemed to take a really long time.

They didn't have any ammo, and it is scarce (and pricey) around here. I have a friend who reloads and may be able to help me out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congrats on the score, its always nice when you stumble across a firearm that you've been hunting for a while. Shame about the ammo though.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Congrats on the new firearm. Here is a ammo search site that automatically updates. Sometimes a good deal shows up but when it does it usually goes pretty fast. I was able to score some 9mm for 24.2 cents a round delivered early in the week and it arrived today.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Congratulations on the new handgun! I don't think I would break in a new gun with someone elses reloads though.

·
Super Moderator
40,640 Posts
Congrats, I noticed background checks are going real fast as well. Probably due to lack of guns for sale.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I Agree I bought a pistol from academy last November and I waited over an hour for the background check, two weeks ago I went in to pick up a second PT809 and I was in and out and less than. Why a second PT 809 you may as that's simple they are that good.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
congrats, have fun with it (when you get some ammo). :thumb:

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanksfor the comments.
Slakev, I didn't see a link for the ammo site.

I think one thing that slowed things down more last time was the wait for a manager to look over the info. He showed up pretty quickly this time. This sales person seemed to be a little more familiar with the process as well.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I've bought 2 new guns in the last month, both times I was in and out in less than 10-15 mins :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts