Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a video of what happened when my team Newcastle united (black and white shirts) played Sunderland, our bitter rivals.

Starts off OK.....

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
You guys take being sports fans to a whole other level.

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
Soccer thugs.

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using TapatalkI

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Soccer thugs.

Agreed 100%

It has become so bad that both clubs are trying to do something about it, the text below is from the Newcastle United web site.

Common ground

A pre-arranged meeting between Newcastle and Sunderland followers at a neutral location on Wednesday night resulted in no arrests or injuries, with only an outbreak of common sense to report.

No bus convoys or special metros were scheduled and the police helicopter was conspicuous by its absence, as fan groups from NUFC and SAFC gathered in Gateshead to discuss the upcoming derby match on December 21st.

Having inadvertently united both sides of the Tyne/Wear divide by advocating a so-called "bubble match" last January, Northumbria Police presided over this joint meeting of two groups who previously met separately.

Both groups were established in 2014 following an invitation from the police to interested parties, with informal gatherings taking place where both sides can communicate directly on whatever matters arise.

So far this has included discussion on derby match policing policy, the issue of peaceful protest by fan groups inside and outside SJP, concerns over pyro devices and ongoing dialogue regarding away travel.

Wednesday's meeting saw unanimous agreement to work together under the slogan of "a Derby to be proud of", highlighting positive aspects of the rivalry and building on the thawing in relationships following the MH17 tragedy.

There's an open invitation to anyone wishing to attend future fan group/police meetings, with supporters aged between 16 and 25 particularly under-represented.

Meetings take place quarterly on weekday evenings at a location in Newcastle. Email here to get involved.

(For the avoidance of doubt, these meetings aren't related to Newcastle United's fans forum initiative).

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Over the pond, they take their soccer (football) seriously. Our soccer moms and their
SUVs wouldn't last ten minutes in that environment. Of course, down in SEC country,
people take their college football seriously too. An Alabama fan was shot dead at a
after game party last year for saying that the loss to Auburn didn't bother her too
much.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
One of my sons-in-law is a Jamaican PhD, and a soccer addict. He subscribes to several international satellite soccer channels, and wears soccer shirts for only specific UK teams.

Earlier this year, on the way to a family get together in Biloxi, we stopped at an outlet store. They had on deep markdown, in his size, one authentic British team soccer shirt, complete with hologram, and certificate of authenticity. So being a good father-in-law, I bought it for him.

Big mistake. It was a team that he absolutely despised.

He was very polite and cordial when I gave it to him, but later my daughter explained in no uncertain terms what he thought of that team, which by coincidence had just defeated his favorite team.

Sent from my Huawei Phablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
The English take their football way too seriously.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

·
22,034 Posts
Our soccer moms and their SUVs wouldn't last ten minutes in that environment.
I find no shame in that whatsoever. Other folks can keep their sports riots.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts