Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
40,549 Posts
I've bought impulsively before. Went into a shop once, with cash in hand to buy a Smith&Wesson 586. Walked out the door with a new Smith&Wesson AR. I did get the 586 sometime later.:D

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've bought impulsively before. Went into a shop once, with cash in hand to buy a Smith&Wesson 586. Walked out the door with a new Smith&Wesson AR. I did get the 586 sometime later.:D
True story. I had been trying to decide between a HK p30sk and a Ruger 10mm for two hours. I bought this thing. LOL

As soon as I got to my truck, I was mad at myself. It is kinda handsome though, it's growing on me.

·
Registered
24,936 Posts
Congrats on your new slide gun.

Reactions: Bellows1

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
I recently picked up a gently used G4 G19... total impulse buy that I couldn't pass up.

Came with: front night sight, 2 Galco holsters and 10 mags! Then since I got such a good deal ... I had to buy a threaded barrel and a viridian light/laser auto activated holster combo...

Doh! I'll need that light and laser for picking off the coyotes I'll be sleeping near in the desert should Mrs. FreeinAZ find out how much I dropped on my impulsive buy.. :eek:

Congrats on your new G19 fine guns IMHO, but I'm biased obviously..

·
Super Moderator
14,007 Posts
I gotta admit, if I saw that at my LGS I'd sorely tempted, too. I want to get a G19, and that is a cool color combo.

·
Registered
37,050 Posts
Thank you. @olfarhors said these made in Alabama guns were the best, who would know better than a guy from Alabama. :D

I think I got all MAGA Patriotic and lost control.
OK GOD is going to get you for that one!!!!-------

Attachments

·
Registered
37,050 Posts
I very, very seldom by anything on a impulse.
I normally think ,ponder, research, try to fond one to shoot then think and ponder some more. the last impulse buy I made was the CZ SP01 Shadow-2.
of course I was already edumacated on that.
but thats one of those you think about 3 minutes and someone else grabs it up and likely there is not another to buy.
the last impulse before that one was the CZ 97BD, I think I see a pattern here?.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I very, very seldom by anything on a impulse.
I normally think ,ponder, research, try to fond one to shoot then think and ponder some more. the last impulse buy I made was the CZ SP01 Shadow-2.
of course I was already edumacated on that.
but thats one of those you think about 3 minutes and someone else grabs it up and likely there is not another to buy.
the last impulse before that one was the CZ 97BD, I think I see a pattern here?.
There's a 97 at my shop too, can't decide if I like the CZ's. Not $700. worth of like.

·
Registered
37,050 Posts
Another shop I got to, has a buy a hat, get the gun free deal. I tell ya, mags and hats are pricey up here... but when the wife asks if I bought a new gun, I say nope, just a hat. :)
Yea here too!
I bought a CZ Ball Cap for like 1150 bucks, and they threw in a CZ Shadow -2, it also had 3 free magazines in the case.
it is a nice ball cap though!

·
Registered
37,050 Posts
There's a 97 at my shop too, can't decide if I like the CZ's. Not $700. worth of like.
yea, we all like different things.
Mine was like 595 or so?
they have all gone up in price here though.
All I can say to you IF you can't shoot one before deciding Is that since I bought the 97 my 1911 just don't get out to the range nearly at all.
this 97 is a sweet shooter and accurate as can be.

Attachments

Reactions: FreeInAZ

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea, we all like different things.
Mine was like 595 or so?
they have all gone up in price here though.
All I can say to you IF you can't shoot one before deciding Is that since I bought the 97 my 1911 just don't get out to the range nearly at all.
this 97 is a sweet shooter and accurate as can be.
I like the guns just fine, I have the 75 compact, good shooter.
Arthritis is raising hell with my wrists and thumbs, racking the slide on these things is tough. I cock the hammer first, that helps, but there's just not much slide to grab. Needs a charging handle on the side. :)

·
Administrator
35,701 Posts
Very nice 19 there ! They just don't fail to fire. Let us know how she shoots !

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Not even gonna try to explain this, it just happened one day last week.

This is the buy 3 mags, get the gun free deal I ran across.

View attachment 411434
No need for more explanation than that!
I've never found a Gluck that fit my hand, but if I could get one with 3 magazines for that kind of deal I'd buy it too.
Make good trade fodder if nothing else.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts