Registered
8,150 Posts
When do you get to take possession of it? :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
next payday ;)

while layaway is a wonderful invention, it's also a tease because you can go in & fondle the gun as much as you want while you wait

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
shaner said:
well spend time with your xd , they always help me out ahahah
my XD45 hates me right now, it hasn't been out to play in a few weeks, the little Beretta Bobcat has been getting all the attention because it's exponentially cheaper to shoot .22lr's all day. But the XD does get nightstand duty, along with the 870 express :guns:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
lol...Waiting does definitely suck....They say it always makes it better to wait...Bull Puckey ..I want it now :D :D :D

question....can i dry fire my new taurus revolver? snap caps required or no?
From what I have read on here, I think snap caps are correct but i think you can do it without them...I would probably use them just to be safe..
Try a search in here.."dry firing, snap caps"...

Have fun...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Qwiks draw said:
thanks for the links, mozilla firefox was being a pain last night & not letting me use the search function. looks like i'll be buying some snapcaps in the near future

·
32,497 Posts
Snap caps are inexpensive compared to ammo and you can practice anytime or anywhere in a residence in safe manner.

Noticing flinch, jerking the trigger, bad habits, or just becoming proficient are just some of pros for snap cap practice.

Maybe you folks are all aware of this, but going to state this anyway. When practicing with snap caps do not have any live ammo in the immediate area at all. This may seem obvious to all, but carelessness and letting the guard down have caused many a negligent discharge, some causing great harm, that should be avoided at all costs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Qwiks draw said:
Snap caps are inexpensive compared to ammo and you can practice anytime or anywhere in a residence in safe manner.

Noticing flinch, jerking the trigger, bad habits, or just becoming proficient are just some of pros for snap cap practice.

Maybe you folks are all aware of this, but going to state this anyway. When practicing with snap caps do not have any live ammo in the immediate area at all. This may seem obvious to all, but carelessness and letting the guard down have caused many a negligent discharge, some causing great harm, that should be avoided at all costs.

i dryfire my xd quite regularly, and it makes a noticeable difference when shooting time comes. this taurus will be my first revolver so i'm learning a whole new set of rules as i go. dryfire practice is something i actually look forward to with the revolver since you don't have to rack a slide every time to reset the striker. a ND is the last thing i want in my apartment, i have neighbors above, on both sides, and across the hallway and most have kids, i take extra care to make sure live ammo is nowhere near me when i'm dryfiring.

·
32,497 Posts
I figured you know what to do and how to practice safely.

Just in case there are new shooters or us old ones who might forget is why I covered that.

Excellent points about people in other apartments or residences close by.

·
Registered
532 Posts
As
Qwiks draw said:
I figured you know what to do and how to practice safely.

Just in case there are new shooters or us old ones who might forget is why I covered that.

Excellent points about people in other apartments or residences close by.

As always, thanks for the reminders. We can never have enough.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts