Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't post this in the "Handloads" section -- because it's not technical, just a general complaint.

I'm just tired. Tired of driving around to Academy, Bass Pro, Walmart, Cabela's, and my LGDs and finding nothing on the shelves. Or trying to get there when the doors open. Or paying (in the case of one place who had ammo) TWICE what I was paying a few months ago. Even my local range, when they have ammo, now charges a premium.

Got some spare parts for my press, been collecting brass for years, and as long as my primers, lead, and powder hold out, I'll be out in the garage cranking that press handle. Powder's a bit hard to find, but one pound of anything decent, and I'm good for hundreds of rounds.

Got to get a ton of rounds cranked out while the weather's decent. Come that South Texas Summer weather it'll be too danged hot to reload in the garage. Sooner or later, it's got to ease up. Took a year for the last "drought", so hopefully by next Spring, this will all be over. ( Or so I hope.)

·
Registered
612 Posts
I feel your pain. Went looking today after taking wife to doctor. But, all in all, not bad. Academy and walmart at Pearland, 4 50 rd boxes Fed and WWB 9mm, then brother helped with another box at Academy in Spring(?), and then another box later, happily at normal prices. Once we get into our house, I'd like to look into handloading as well. Good luck to ya!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Amen, I'm busting open my last brick of CCI SV .22 LR tonight. I can get more only its a bit steep. I don't care what anyone says, it's never been this bad for so long. Let 'em rip.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Phone calls are a lot less expensive and time consuming than driving around.

Powder is in good shape here in St. Louis but shipping 1-2 lbs is not really cost effective either. Bullets are spotty but can be had.

I haven't seen small pistol primers in a long time and small rifle and small pistol primers are being rationed 1-200 at a time.

Don't hesitate to ask members for assistance if needed. If you have access to small pistol primers we can trade favors in a heartbeat!

Load all you can and shoot safely!! :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts