Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot the first 100 rounds through it today. No issues at all, great accuracy and it looks awesome in stainless... Hard to believe anyone would not like this gun. I know this is not a Taurus manufacturing site but if they read the posts... Thank you!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations. Love mine too!

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
I haven't bought a Taurus semiauto yet but if I do, it will probably be the PT92. I have shot my
best friend's on several occassions and I like the way it handles and shoots. I saw one for $ 375.00
with three magazines at a LGS and I almost bit the bait and bought it. If I could somehow get a
tax refund this year (I usually owe a little bit) that might be a good way to spend it.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Big fan of mine, but I just don't shoot it enough and there are other pistols out there that I want. I got a complete package in the classifieds, will set you up nicely for anything you'd like to do with it.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I am glad you like it. I love my PT99 that I have had over 20 years, although a stainless one would be nice as well.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Good to hear good things about your '92! And IMHO I hope that Taurus does read the posts here. They will find out how much we love their firearms, and some of the great ideas and information that our members have!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I hope you enjoy yours as much as i have. I have put countless rounds through my 1998 ss without a single problem.... enjoy:D

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Know what you mean.i love my PT 92 snd they do look great in SS.How about some pictures?

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
I've said this many times on this forum... and I own a few Beretta 92 series pistols... but I prefer my Taurus PT92 series pistols every day of the week over them. Only problem I ever experienced with my Taurus PT92 series pistols were always magazine related, which was relieved by loading the magazines and leaving them loaded all the time. Once the springs are relaxed... they run like butter, and they are extremely accurate. When I go to the range.. I always take a PT92... and I set golf balls up randomly at 50 yards and I love making them dance with my PT92....

·
Administrator
18,118 Posts
Congratulations! :cool:

Mine has been serving me very well since July of 1992 and continues on. Be it IPSC Match or Home Defense, it always runs and runs very very well!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Twins! Your mag relase button looks like it protrudes further than mine though...

I love how accurate mine is, make a guy that hasn't shot for 30 years look good...

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Shot the first 100 rounds through it today. No issues at all, great accuracy and it looks awesome in stainless... Hard to believe anyone would not like this gun. I know this is not a Taurus manufacturing site but if they read the posts... Thank you!
Congratulations on your splendid new PT92!

It was the longest time before I broke down and bought one, myself, and I can assure you that it was some of the best money I've ever spent! :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have had one in black for a few years now and I shoot it a lot. I'm planning to add the stainless version to it when I quit spending money on car parts for a month or 2. I keep mine loaded with hydra shoks for self defence. I found some Ranger +P's recently and got several boxes for target practice. I may wear the barrel out shooting this gun.

·
32,661 Posts
Pics,we want pics. :)

Happy to hear it works out for you so well.

Their probably are a few Taurus USA "spies" (explains the shiny helicopters circling the place) "lurking",watching this place from time to time. Cue the James Bond theme.

The PT92 has been a premier pistol for many decades for Taurus. I've got almost all of the old police and tactical journals from the 1980- present. The PT92 was used by the Israel, Brazil, and other military and police agencies. It was and is considered a best buy for those police who have to buy their own gun. There's a lot of excellent history wrapped up in that model and Taurus. :)

I finally got my first PT92 and it's a C compact model. Looking for another but that's a different story.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts