Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not saying it was Glock leg...
https://www.foxnews.com/us/police-say-oregon-man-shoot-self-in-groin-showing-off-gun-in-supermarket-report

accidentally pulled the trigger of the Glock 9mm while putting the firearm back into his pants.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
It sounds like he ended up showing off a lot more than the gun ! That had to sting just a little bit !

·
Super Moderator
35,510 Posts
That's why you don't appendix carry.

I'm in this camp. Never point your firearm at something that you don't intend to destroy. My groin is right up there on that list! ;)

·
Registered
27,095 Posts
Meh... seem to be ignoring what I take as the most important point: "showing off his gun in the supermarket..." Unless you're robbing the place, your hand doesn't belong anywhere near your gun.

Or your groin, for that matter.

·
Super Moderator
40,387 Posts
Guy did something stupid and is now paying for it. Wonder if they will actually charge him.

“Ellingford did not have a concealed handgun license and his act was found to be reckless since it placed several people in danger," police said, according to Fox 12.

I have no issues with Glock or appendix carry. If you appendix carry there is a proper way to holster and obviously he did not follow it.

·
Registered
36,019 Posts
That’s one of the reasons good holsters are recommended. Training doesn’t hurt either.
and NOT playing with your gun (or other items) while in Public as well!
there actually seems to be laws against this!--GriiiN.

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE

·
Registered
27,095 Posts
and NOT playing with your gun (or other items) while in Public as well!
there actually seems to be laws against this!--GriiiN.
Forgive me for pointing this out, but in this case, you may have misspelled "Public".

I'll just go to my room now.

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
Meh... seem to be ignoring what I take as the most important point: "showing off his gun in the supermarket..." Unless you're robbing the place, your hand doesn't belong anywhere near your gun.

Or your groin, for that matter.
I'd like to explore this post for a moment. So you're saying if he's robbing a store, it is okay for his hand to be on his groin?

·
Registered
27,095 Posts
I'd like to explore this post for a moment. So you're saying if he's robbing a store, it is okay for his hand to be on his groin?
Errr... if we continue this avenue we're both going to get dinged. I do have an answer for you, but it would be getting within a hair's width of the line. But I can say that if you are committing armed robbery, I doubt anybody will notice anything other than the gun.

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS
1 - 14 of 14 Posts