Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
I think they're mostly for show. There are a lot of Smith and Wesson "Pintos" out there. Usually blued frame with nickel cylinders and barrels. Many are engraved like this one (not mine).

I gotta admit - that looks pretty sharp.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Engraving is fine but I would rather have a sister working in a house of ill repute than a brother packing a multi colored pistol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Visit the Texas Ranger Museum in Waco to see a lot of fancy pistols. But I didn't notice any multi colored guns but lots of engraving. I guess Texans like fancy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think they're mostly for show. There are a lot of Smith and Wesson "Pintos" out there. Usually blued frame with nickel cylinders and barrels. Many are engraved like this one (not mine).

It is ,,, but too pretty to shoot

·
Registered
27 Posts
I totally agree, except when you think about it. It could give you a slight advantage in a shootout. The second that it takes your opponent to think "WTH", you could have already gotten of 2 or 3 shots. May be just the advantage you need.

·
Premium Member
11,320 Posts
The only colored revolver I own is one I refinished myself. The Rough Rider I purchased back in the 1990s has had the paint flake off a couple of times. The other "Colored" revolvers are case hardened.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I like a Pinto, and kick myself for not buying a Dan Wesson 715? Pinto a long time ago. I think there was papework showing it was factory done, but even if it wasn't, it was done very well. I only have one two-toned, and no colored guns:

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
If anything I think the colors increase sales, and personally don't care what color(s) they sell them in, as long as they are putting firearms into the hands of law abiding citizens. If it takes a baby blue or pink gun to get someone interested in the shooting sports and/or self-defense, so be it.
I agree - for other people if that is what they want.
But not for me. That is what I meant by "no thanks".

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
My cat is Calico but not my pistol. I will be surprised if the multi colored or off colored pistols increase sales. But if you like it, buy it. They have to end up somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
39,273 Posts

I could make an exception with that one! I've not cared much for case hardening either, but the examples above are beautiful.

·
Registered
30,008 Posts
I don't mind multi colored pistols.

I'd rather have a colored one than a stainless/nickel though, that is a color/finish I do not like. I do have a matte grey M85 and brushed steel (not shiny) p32 which I do like, but I am definitely against silvery finishes.

We are lucky to liven time where we can all get what we like!

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
Many of my firearms are multicolored. i started that trend with an H&R topper in 20ga. Then I went with the color case hardened Pietta SAA and now I have a couple of Henry Big Boy Brass rifles. Odd that we don't have a lot of people mentioning all the camo paintjobs out there.

Reactions: 51fordf2

·
Registered
108 Posts
I really don't care for any colored firearms, Especially revolvers. Revolvers should be blue. I say that But I have two revolvers and Neither is blue. Go figure.
But seems a lot of female shooters like them.
Especially pink and purple. My daughter has two. One pink rifle and one purplish pistol.
Revolver should be blue and long guns should be wood on metal.Just me.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,720 Posts
Typically I'm a Black and Chrome kind of guy.
Having said that, there is only one person that needs to like this one and that's me,

and I do.

Air gun Trigger Wood Revolver Gun barrel

Your chance to disagree follows.
😁

Apparently I should brush up on my reading skills. But couldn't miss a chance to show it off. (spending too much time around olfarhors.

Reactions: olfarhors
21 - 37 of 37 Posts