Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older M66 12" 357 Silhouette. Problem is with a target load .357 (148 HBWC and 3.1g Bullseye) , with the rear sight as low as it will go. Gun shoots about 2" high. I need to find a different (taller) front sight blade. If I go heavier bullet it's even higher. Taurus was no help. Anybody mess with one of these? I need a taller blade and wonder what if any would fit. It is a pined partridge blade. Just eyeballing some smiths like 686 they look like the blade might fit, but if you have tried it, please help me out.

·
Registered
31,750 Posts
Sounds like it may be sighted in for 50 yards with a 12" barrell. Try shooting 125-130 grain and see if that will lower the POI at closer distances. I would think a good gunsmith should have some good barstock to make a blade type sight.

Reactions: drummin_man627

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
Check the Brownell's Catalog, as they have a lot of sights, some of which will almost certainly fit with minimal file work.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Punch the pin out, pull the sight and measure the thickness, and how tall it is. Call Brownells and ask for their tech dept. One of their guys can always point you in the right direction. You usually have to drill the new sight blade for the pin. It is not hard to do, minor fitting with a file is also not bad. Touch up blue will give it the blue/black color if not a stainless blade.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fellas, I'll try the measure and call Brownell's. Sounds like that will get it where I can use it with any Boolit I want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts