Taurus Firearm Forum banner
81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
It's like building a bigger shed, "O, I can have more room to "organize"". You just end up with more junk you don't need because now you have more "room" for it. Lol
Exactly!!!

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,567 Posts
It's like building a bigger shed, "O, I can have more room to "organize"". You just end up with more junk you don't need because now you have more "room" for it. Lol
Rules for building a shop/garage/storage shed.
1. Figure out how much room you will need.
2. Throw your budget away.
3. Before drawing the floor plan, double the sq/ft you figured in step one.
4. After drawing your floor plan mirror the image and attach this to the original drawing.
5. Figure you materials list.
6. Double your materials list, and sq/ft needed.
7. Buy the lot next door.
8. Make sure you have included electical, water, sewage, and heat and air conditioning.You will thank me later.
9. NOW! You are ready to build.

1 year later you will be looking for more room.

·
Premium Member
6,046 Posts
Rules for building a shop/garage/storage shed.
1. Figure out how much room you will need.
2. Throw your budget away.
3. Before drawing the floor plan, double the sq/ft you figured in step one.
4. After drawing your floor plan mirror the image and attach this to the original drawing.
5. Figure you materials list.
6. Double your materials list, and sq/ft needed.
7. Buy the lot next door.
8. Make sure you have included electical, water, sewage, and heat and air conditioning.You will thank me later.
9. NOW! You are ready to build.

1 year later you will be looking for more room.
10. Invite your TA.net friends over for free labor.

·
Banned
203 Posts
Neighbor got his garage built for free by having church friends do the work. His only problem was he made the doors too small so he has to park his truck outside!

Seriously, I asked him about the door size and ceiling height and he said "look I don't work on cars like you do, I don't need a lift." So garage built, he parks outside, and his grandson wants to become a mechanic so what happens? Garage full of other kids' cars they constantly work on. SMH!

Year later guy admits he kinda made some mistakes. LOL

81 - 84 of 84 Posts