Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 40 of 84 Posts

Registered
I haven't set foot in a Walmart in two years or more. There's three of 'em local to us, they've all developed a severe attitude problem. Wife goes there about twice a month and spends the rest of her day in a foul mood. It ain't worth it, just go somewhere else.

Registered
It's strictly a do it yourself store and I treat it as such. No ammunition anymore, hasn't had any for a year. I do my own searching for stuff and then do my own self checkout. They are getting robbed in the self checkouts. I see one item scanned, three go in the cart without scanning. Whole carts full of clothes maybe one or two items scanned. I don't see how any company can live with that kind of loss.
It's always been the same. They get too big to remember how they got there. Like Sears, Kmart and all the others. Someone else will come along and take their place. History will always repeat itself as far as people go. Hate, Greed and Envy. A never ending story with the human race.

Premium Member
It's strictly a do it yourself store and I treat it as such. No ammunition anymore, hasn't had any for a year. I do my own searching for stuff and then do my own self checkout. They are getting robbed in the self checkouts. I see one item scanned, three go in the cart without scanning. Whole carts full of clothes maybe one or two items scanned. I don't see how any company can live with that kind of loss.
The loss is cheaper than paying someone to (poorly) run a register, if they can even hire someone that is barely competent to do so. Businesses are all run by spreadsheet and Walmart is no different.

Registered
It's always been the same. They get too big to remember how they got there. Like Sears, Kmart and all the others. Someone else will come along and take their place. History will always repeat itself as far as people go. Hate, Greed and Envy. A never ending story with the human race.
Yes Kmart used to be the largest retailer but decided the "blue light special" should be abandoned. After all, it only kept people in the store much longer than necessary and buying stuff while waiting for the blue light announcement. Service Merchandise also had a trademark tag and number system on the display floor and you looked at the merchandise and ordered and paid at a terminal or kiosk. From the ceiling where the inventory was stored, your items would come down a conveyer to be handed to you near the exit. A few years after that was stopped, the store chain disappeared. More proof that poor management can/will kill any business.

Registered
I haven't set foot in a Walmart in two years or more. There's three of 'em local to us, they've all developed a severe attitude problem. Wife goes there about twice a month and spends the rest of her day in a foul mood. It ain't worth it, just go somewhere else.
I have never been much of a Walmartian myself!
it starts off as soon as I get into the parking lot and the spaces are wide enough for motorcycle, its almost impossible to get in or out of your vehicle without bumping the next vehicle, then it goes downhill from there once my eyes adjust and i can see the other customers and how they are dressed and how they interact with each other and the employees, then as mentioned the loooong lines at the registers, the employees not having a clue where items are located, etc-- I just do not visit Wally world myself.

Reactions: Doobie

Registered
TXZ-22, Sig P365, Glock 19.4, Glock 42 (Mrs.)
Then I make a point of contacting the manager. YUP I'm a prick by nature.
I don't know you, but I like you -- I'm a prick too, and my local Wally knows me and most of the floor pukes steer clear. I'll just call for the store manager just to tell him hello -- then walk out.

Registered
I can. To them, tolerating customer theft is probably tons cheaper than paying wages & benefits to a dozen or more employees working the checkout counters. Also, they probably figured that early on there'd be theft problems but, in time, they'd acquire the technology to detect when customers make product detours away from the scanners.

Registered
That's the thing about big stores like walmart. At some point they get too big to see what they are losing. Untill, One day they realize they have lost much more than they have made. That's when they must take their place in the long line of "have beens" .
And the next begins their journey to the long line.

Super Moderator
I can. To them, tolerating customer theft is probably tons cheaper than paying wages & benefits to a dozen or more employees working the checkout counters. Also, they probably figured that early on there'd be theft problems but, in time, they'd acquire the technology to detect when customers make product detours away from the scanners.
That's a good theory, but consider that Walgreens is closing five stores in SFO due to theft of over $1,500 per day, each store.

Premium Member
That's a good theory, but consider that Walgreens is closing five stores in SFO due to theft of over $1,500 per day, each store.
I'm guessing that $1,500 per day is low-ball to sound not so bad. If they can't tolerate $1500/day of loss, they aren't making enough to stay in business anyway. Considering the prosecutor in SF doesn't prosecute petty theft, I'm guessing they are losing tens of thousands per day. Nothing keeps anyone and everyone from shopping like normal, except they don't go through the checkout line.

Registered
Well, isn't that because CA laws now allow a certain level of theft before it's considered theft?

Premium Member
Well, isn't that because CA laws now allow a certain level of theft before it's considered theft?
Only if you steal from an elected politician. You can guarantee if one of them had a store, theft of a toothpick would be prosecuted. Of course, we know that liberal politicians don't know how to run a business in the first place.

Registered
Only if you steal from an elected politician. You can guarantee if one of them had a store, theft of a toothpick would be prosecuted. Of course, we know that liberal politicians don't know how to run a business in the first place.
Exactly. You can't steal from those who generate nothing but more parasites. If the whole world turned 100% left wing commie (almost there now) overnight, the prosperity of the world would eventually run out & would be forced to go back to slave labor. Funny how blacks don't seem to realize that they support a political concept & party that would take them back to the very thing that they claim drove them to be a democrat in the 1st place.

Registered
That's the thing about big stores like walmart. At some point they get too big to see what they are losing. Untill, One day they realize they have lost much more than they have made. That's when they must take their place in the long line of "have beens" .
And the next begins their journey to the long line.
ala Sears?

Registered
...Kress...Montgomery Ward...
Dang, forgot Wards -- back in the day, after we got home from the grocery, counted how much we used in coupons. Put that into the "jar". We bought two VCR's with the saved money. That was back when VCR's were expensive.

21 - 40 of 84 Posts