Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I haven't set foot in a Walmart in two years or more. There's three of 'em local to us, they've all developed a severe attitude problem. Wife goes there about twice a month and spends the rest of her day in a foul mood. It ain't worth it, just go somewhere else.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's strictly a do it yourself store and I treat it as such. No ammunition anymore, hasn't had any for a year. I do my own searching for stuff and then do my own self checkout. They are getting robbed in the self checkouts. I see one item scanned, three go in the cart without scanning. Whole carts full of clothes maybe one or two items scanned. I don't see how any company can live with that kind of loss.
It's always been the same. They get too big to remember how they got there. Like Sears, Kmart and all the others. Someone else will come along and take their place. History will always repeat itself as far as people go. Hate, Greed and Envy. A never ending story with the human race.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
It's strictly a do it yourself store and I treat it as such. No ammunition anymore, hasn't had any for a year. I do my own searching for stuff and then do my own self checkout. They are getting robbed in the self checkouts. I see one item scanned, three go in the cart without scanning. Whole carts full of clothes maybe one or two items scanned. I don't see how any company can live with that kind of loss.
The loss is cheaper than paying someone to (poorly) run a register, if they can even hire someone that is barely competent to do so. Businesses are all run by spreadsheet and Walmart is no different.

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's always been the same. They get too big to remember how they got there. Like Sears, Kmart and all the others. Someone else will come along and take their place. History will always repeat itself as far as people go. Hate, Greed and Envy. A never ending story with the human race.
Yes Kmart used to be the largest retailer but decided the "blue light special" should be abandoned. After all, it only kept people in the store much longer than necessary and buying stuff while waiting for the blue light announcement. Service Merchandise also had a trademark tag and number system on the display floor and you looked at the merchandise and ordered and paid at a terminal or kiosk. From the ceiling where the inventory was stored, your items would come down a conveyer to be handed to you near the exit. A few years after that was stopped, the store chain disappeared. More proof that poor management can/will kill any business.

·
Registered
37,123 Posts
I haven't set foot in a Walmart in two years or more. There's three of 'em local to us, they've all developed a severe attitude problem. Wife goes there about twice a month and spends the rest of her day in a foul mood. It ain't worth it, just go somewhere else.
I have never been much of a Walmartian myself!
it starts off as soon as I get into the parking lot and the spaces are wide enough for motorcycle, its almost impossible to get in or out of your vehicle without bumping the next vehicle, then it goes downhill from there once my eyes adjust and i can see the other customers and how they are dressed and how they interact with each other and the employees, then as mentioned the loooong lines at the registers, the employees not having a clue where items are located, etc-- I just do not visit Wally world myself.

Reactions: Doobie

·
Registered
TXZ-22, Sig P365, Glock 19.4, Glock 42 (Mrs.)
164 Posts
Then I make a point of contacting the manager. YUP I'm a prick by nature.
I don't know you, but I like you -- I'm a prick too, and my local Wally knows me and most of the floor pukes steer clear. I'll just call for the store manager just to tell him hello -- then walk out.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts