Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking at firearms related things... I tried calling them today, but I only got this after the first transfer and a half/hour on hold:

• Wow
Reactions: PTDOUDE

·
Super Moderator
35,585 Posts
You mean they sell firearms there? They stopped that here. Somebody musta shot somebody. ;rolleyes: Ol' Sam must be rolling in his grave.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When you go to walmart- ALWAYS go to the same one-and you'll be okay.
If you go to a different one-just remember this- in some the men's and women's restrooms are on opposite sides. AND they don't tell you this when you go through the door. Just sayin.....:oops:
Thanks for the tip. When I go there, I go in, buy what I need (or don't find what I need).. and then am out as FAST as possible. One thing I'm not liking at all as of late, is not just ammo but all firearms related accessories getting prices hiked up as well. I snag some gun oil and some other IF they have it as prices online is getting a concerning.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Walmart where I shop has plenty of rifles and shotguns but never any ammo. As far as firearm related items? Good luck. This is the store where you go in, find something you like and return a few weeks later for more You find, We no longer carry that. Two items on the shelf. Two brands. One out sales the other because it's better. They will absolutely not restock the better untill the junk sells out. Walmart sells the best profit for them. Screw what you want. I have NO use for walmart what so ever. It's hard to get my tablet to spell walmart with a small w.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
You mean they sell firearms there? They stopped that here. Somebody musta shot somebody. ;rolleyes: Ol' Sam must be rolling in his grave.
Download the full spreadsheet of FFL's from the ATF. Look for your local Walmart stores in that list. That's how I knew which ones in the Wichita area carried guns (because they all don't).

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Just got back from walmart.....I'm about ready to ditch them. You can not get checked out- you gotta use the self ck out and most of them are shut down- with long lines. Some folks just leave a full buggy in the aisle and walk out.
They can not seem to keep help. Yet as you approach any walmart- there is a line of homeless/beggars standing around the perimeter of the parking lot. We got problems in Amerika !

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Where I live there used to be panhandlers IN the Walmart parking lot. Don't know why I haven't seen any lately but I'm sure they'll be back. They'd approach just as you get to your car & deliver some bizarre sob story to which I'd respond by telling them that they could get help at the local soup kitchen OR the nearby homeless shelter. When they'd tell me they didn't know where those places were, I'd tell them to check with the very nearby police substation as they have all that information. They would thank me & move on to another shopper who looked more cash friendly.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well here is the report. A HUGE waste of time... LOL! I kind of knew what I would find.. which is not hardly anything. They had bulk boxes of shotgun shells behind the the counter, they looked like to me to be turkey or birdshot for like $55.00 to $60.00, but I could not see size/pellet. And I stood there for like 3 minutes... the three employees behind the counter just up and walked out of the counter are, and walked past me and in the back room... And oh no... not anything like "can I help you" or anything like that. Wonderful customer facing and service :) I then looked around they have scope rings (that was unexpected) and gun oil, normal prices also paper targets.. nothing really else though that I wanted to buy. They also did have some sort of shotguns on the glass case, but again I could not see what make/model they were.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Well here is the report. A HUGE waste of time... LOL! I kind of knew what I would find.. which is not hardly anything. They had bulk boxes of shotgun shells behind the the counter, they looked like to me to be turkey or birdshot for like $55.00 to $60.00, but I could not see size/pellet. And I stood there for like 3 minutes... the three employees behind the counter just up and walked out of the counter are, and walked past me and in the back room... And oh no... not anything like "can I help you" or anything like that. Wonderful customer facing and service :) I then looked around they have scope rings (that was unexpected) and gun oil, normal prices also paper targets.. nothing really else though that I wanted to buy. They also did have some sort of shotguns on the glass case, but again I could not see what make/model they were.
There are NEVER any employees at the sporting goods register in my local Walmart. You have to go halfway across the store to the electronics section to find someone and then they have to locate a manager to come unlock any of the cabinets. Funny how they can't ever find a manager when they all wear radios. Fortunately, the other Walmart stores in other parts of town do have manned sporting goods registers and they are entrusted with keys.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There are NEVER any employees at the sporting goods register in my local Walmart. You have to go halfway across the store to the electronics section to find someone and then they have to locate a manager to come unlock any of the cabinets. Funny how they can't ever find a manager when they all wear radios. Fortunately, the other Walmart stores in other parts of town do have manned sporting goods registers and they are entrusted with keys.
It's kind of like what happened to Sears and Kmart and other older "Big Box" retail stores, back in the day going back many years, it used to be all service driven, employees knew their products and some stores would actually fix/repair what they sold in the store (Sears being one of them.. and Kmart to some extent). Now it's quick.. quick.. quick get it out, and sell it. Inventories and ordering product is not manually done, it's all automated.. that causes a lot of issues as well. I think a lot of the ammo that comes in to that store is getting sold by employees or re-sold or some sort of "deal".

·
Registered
58 Posts
A couple months ago Walmart near me had gun cabinets on sale. I walked in to purchase one. In the center isle in sporting goods they had four cabinets on a pallet. All had been taken out of the box. I stood around the sporting goods for several minutes waiting for an employee to show up. None did so I started walking around to try to find one. After several more minutes I saw a girl with a Walmart vest, a large key ring with many keys on it and other things in her hand walking towards sporting goods desk. She went behind the desk, stooped down behind the desk and got something. She looked at me standing there and started to walk away. I asked her if she worked in sporting goods. She said yes, I'm on break and started to walk off. I told her that I would like to get a gun cabinet. She said, I'm on break and started to walk off again. I asked her if anyone was taking her place while she was on break. She said. I don't know and started to walk again. I asked, What am I supposed to do? Just Stand here and wait? She just shrugged. I said, Well. Where can I find the manager. Maybe he can help me. She shrugged again and said you might find him up front and walked away. After several minutes of walking and asking where I could find a manager. Someone finally called him out. I told him exactly what happened and that I have never ever been in a store where customers were treated liked that. He called someone and told them there was a customer that needed help in sporting goods. He then turned and walked away. No apologies. No I'm sorry this happened. Nothing. He didn't care one little bit. I now get my groceries at food lion, sporting goods at Dunham's and every thing else I can at Amazon or anywhere else I can.
And, I've actually found that I really save good money by just staying out of Walmart.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
A couple months ago Walmart near me had gun cabinets on sale. I walked in to purchase one. In the center isle in sporting goods they had four cabinets on a pallet. All had been taken out of the box. I stood around the sporting goods for several minutes waiting for an employee to show up. None did so I started walking around to try to find one. After several more minutes I saw a girl with a Walmart vest, a large key ring with many keys on it and other things in her hand walking towards sporting goods desk. She went behind the desk, stooped down behind the desk and got something. She looked at me standing there and started to walk away. I asked her if she worked in sporting goods. She said yes, I'm on break and started to walk off. I told her that I would like to get a gun cabinet. She said, I'm on break and started to walk off again. I asked her if anyone was taking her place while she was on break. She said. I don't know and started to walk again. I asked, What am I supposed to do? Just Stand here and wait? She just shrugged. I said, Well. Where can I find the manager. Maybe he can help me. She shrugged again and said you might find him up front and walked away. After several minutes of walking and asking where I could find a manager. Someone finally called him out. I told him exactly what happened and that I have never ever been in a store where customers were treated liked that. He called someone and told them there was a customer that needed help in sporting goods. He then turned and walked away. No apologies. No I'm sorry this happened. Nothing. He didn't care one little bit. I now get my groceries at food lion, sporting goods at Dunham's and every thing else I can at Amazon or anywhere else I can.
And, I've actually found that I really save good money by just staying out of Walmart.
And you can bet that had you been a haitian, afghani or rio grande olympic swimmer, they would've tripped on their sloppy drooling tongues racing to get to you to 1st to GIVE you what you want.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Some walmarts like the one by my folks house still sell long guns no handguns any where that i know of.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I got a call from Walmart, and they are giving me great professional courtesy. More to follow...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I stood there for like 3 minutes... the three employees behind the counter just up and walked out of the counter are, and walked past me and in the back room... And oh no... not anything like "can I help you" or anything like that. Wonderful customer facing and service :)
Thats when I yell Can I have a little service please. Once I have someone I want to see handle EVERY firearm there, check out different boxes of ammo, have them show me around for this that or the other thing, till I'm bored. Then I explain that I'm NOT buying anything, but had they just asked if I needed anything then i would have said no thank you and all this would have been unnecessary. Then I make a point of contacting the manager. YUP I'm a prick by nature.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Thats when I yell Can I have a little service please. Once I have someone I want to see handle EVERY firearm there, check out different boxes of ammo, have them show me around for this that or the other thing, till I'm bored. Then I explain that I'm NOT buying anything, but had they just asked if I needed anything then i would have said no thank you and all this would have been unnecessary. Then I make a point of contacting the manager. YUP I'm a prick by nature.
I had a friend at a fast food counter one time yell (and I mean YELL) "CUSTOMER" when he stood there being ignored. He got quick service.

Speaking about Walmart and other department type stores like that, I will call them on the phone. It is crazy when the guy you finally get on the phone comes walking up to you in the store and doesn't realize he's talking to you on the phone. I've had them get agitated with me because I interrupted 'whatever' and they had to answer the phone.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I had a friend at a fast food counter one time yell (and I mean YELL) "CUSTOMER" when he stood there being ignored. He got quick service.

Speaking about Walmart and other department type stores like that, I will call them on the phone. It is crazy when the guy you finally get on the phone comes walking up to you in the store and doesn't realize he's talking to you on the phone. I've had them get agitated with me because I interrupted 'whatever' and they had to answer the phone.
Well I always try to treat people right and give them some leeway, but I know proper customer service and what I saw was more than a bit off. I had a conversation with some management.. And we'll see what the outcome is. More to follow.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's strictly a do it yourself store and I treat it as such. No ammunition anymore, hasn't had any for a year. I do my own searching for stuff and then do my own self checkout. They are getting robbed in the self checkouts. I see one item scanned, three go in the cart without scanning. Whole carts full of clothes maybe one or two items scanned. I don't see how any company can live with that kind of loss.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts