Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sexually-active-much-drink-workplace-212202419.html

Despite the suggestive title, this article is not about sex, drugs and rock and roll. This article is about the “Wellness Programs” pushed by large and small corporations these days. My employer started this 4 years ago and I have always opted out. I did not participate due to the company insisting on taking blood samples to check for high cholesterol or blood sugar. I felt that that data was strictly between me and my doctor. After reading this article and the recent hacking of Sony I think I made the right decision. I know I'm not the smartest guy around so I thought I'd ask the group here for your opinion's on what I consider to be ever increasing, over reaching privacy invasion.

x101ABNDevil
R.I.P. PT42

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
My wife works for a very large retailer and has not been asked to participate in any of this.I would tell her to decline if she is ever asked.She has nothing to hide however it is NONE of their business.I am on her insurance as well and would decline also.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
The less they know the better for all of us..

·
Premium Member
11,071 Posts
You were right to opt out. Unfortunately, with Obamacare, your company may not have a choice in the matter. For them to keep policy prices low for everyone else, they will have to buy structured policies that will penalize you for opting out. You have to remember, it's not your employer doing this, it's the insurance company. They are mandated by Obamacare to do this as part of that $2500 a year, Obama promised you would save (along with that bridge in Brooklyn he wants you to buy). Just in time for the 2016 elections, you won't have the option of "opting out" anymore.

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
That is a secret that can be kept between you and the doctor....for now.

Reactions: Panda

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
If you like your wellness program, you can keep your wellness program. If you don't like it, well that's just too damn bad because in 2015, you will have to sign up for one.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Yep, if you are going to have coverage you are going to end up bleeding and not just from the arm!:shocked:

Reactions: Panda
1 - 9 of 9 Posts