Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent some time surfing some of the "other" firearm forums today. According to many of them, I own a lot of junk, POS, totally worthless firearms. Seems like Taurus, Glock, and Kimber may as well close their doors tomorrow. Don't you just love the experts! Sheeesh!!

·
Registered
19,308 Posts
Well, the way I see it....the term "expert" simply denotes the fact that they were formerly a "pert" so I figure if you can't even make it as a pert....:dry:...don't expect me to believe you know what you're talking about now.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,241 Posts
They are right. Just send them to me and I will dispose of them for you. Just trying to help. :D

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Your all a bunch of suckers!
Spending your hard earned coin on those junk brands.

If you did not spend at least $750.00 you bought a piece of junk!
Suckers!!!

You guys are not cool enough to join a real forum. Taurus, fanboy, whiners.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Can't figure out these gun snobs. One week something is the best thing since sliced bread. The next week not worthy of being a paper weight.

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
"Expert" - Ex - former, spurt - drip under pressure. A little prosaic license there, but I think you get the picture.

I find it a little ironic that in some cases, "junk" denotes trash and in other cases "junk" denotes that which makes one a man.

Reactions: ETF

·
Super Moderator
37,225 Posts
Well, the way I see it....the term "expert" simply denotes the fact that they were formerly a "pert" so I figure if you can't even make it as a pert....:dry:...don't expect me to believe you know what you're talking about now.
"Pert"..Isn't that the sound of a little bit of flatulence?

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
I will just keep my junk and use it with pride.. Made in America... :)

·
Registered
29,957 Posts
Spent some time surfing some of the "other" firearm forums today. According to many of them, I own a lot of junk, POS, totally worthless firearms. Seems like Taurus, Glock, and Kimber may as well close their doors tomorrow. Don't you just love the experts! Sheeesh!!
What's fun is "besting" them on the range against their "premium" brand gun.

Then watch them sheepishly test drive a Taurus and become a convert...
:icon_ lala:

·
Registered
27,629 Posts
an expert is someone who's more than 50 miles from his office, that's why everyone on the Internet is an expert.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Their immature and like little children in their my toys are better than your toys, not worth the time it takes to try and reason with them.
And its not just their guns that are better than everyone else, they come to the conclusion that the price they paid for whatever they have makes theirs the best.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Don't you just love it when you can out shoot the "experts" with your "Junk"?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Frend of mine bought a 24/7 a few years back and put it in a drawer because some expert told him it was junk. I told him I own six Taurus handguns and they are quality pieces. He is now happy as a clam.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Your all a bunch of suckers!
Spending your hard earned coin on those junk brands.

If you did not spend at least $750.00 you bought a piece of junk!
Suckers!!!

You guys are not cool enough to join a real forum. Taurus, fanboy, whiners.
Haven't priced out a Taurus 454 revolver lately, eh? even the USED ones hare listed for that and more.

Well, yeah... I mean for the Glocks! Most over rated firearm since the Jennings 25acp!

(anyone seen where I left myt asbestos fire suit? I just may need it ...

;)

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Haven't priced out a Taurus 454 revolver lately, eh? even the USED ones hare listed for that and more.

Well, yeah... I mean for the Glocks! Most over rated firearm since the Jennings 25acp!

(anyone seen where I left myt asbestos fire suit? I just may need it ...

;)
Yeah you will. I was razzed plenty when I bought a DPMS AR15 - folks on 'another forum' were clear that anything other than a mil spec Colt was a joke. Here's a target from a previous Taurus Armed rifle shootout - .830 3 shot group at 100 yds.

12 shootout 100DPMS txt.jpg

Now, just because you got razzed is no reason to pay-it-forward. We've all talked about guns, calibers, good fits - what works for you. I own a number of Glocks and I shoot them (and my DPMS) in competition. I'm going to post the equipment survey from last years IDPA World Shoot. Have a look at the dominant guns. These good folks are not shooting and winning with Glocks to to be trendy. The S&W M&P has a great showing as well - these guns have a great number of similar traits and make up 67% of all the guns IN the competition. They also ride on the hip of a HUGE number of LEOs across the world - again not a group that trend surfs.

The whole article can be viewed here: DOWN ZERO BLOG | With 67%, Glock and S&W Dominate List of IDPA World Shoot Guns

Come out from under your rock and have a look at the stats - they are a really good read.

IDPA world shoot chart 12.jpg
Click the pie chart!

10 % OTHER
BRAND # OF GUNS
% OF TOTAL
ADC 1 0.3%
Amadini 2 0.5%
Beretta 1 0.3%
Canada 1 0.3%
Caracal 2 0.5%
Caspian 5 1.3%
Chiappa 1 0.3%
Colt 7 1.8%
CZ 3 0.8%
Dan Wesson1 0.3%
Kimber 16 4.2%
Les Baer 3 0.8%
Lightning Strike Tech1 0.3%
Nighthawk 4 1.0%
Para 2 0.5%
Pistol Dynamics 1 0.3%
Predator Tactical 2 0.5%
Remington 1 0.3%
Ruger 2 0.5%
Sig Sauer 3 0.8%
Springfield Armory 18 4.7%
STI 22 5.8%
SVI 1 0.3%
Tanfoglio 4 1.0%
Taurus 2 0.5%
Wilson Combat 20 5.2%

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
So I'm a junk collector, I've been called worse.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts