Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a $1,000 bonus from work after taxes and not a single gun I want?!

I must be coming down with something. I don't even want any ammo.

I even got a refund from two training centers for 2020 classes for the second half of the year as they are taking in the canceled spring classes.

I've never been in this position before. Even all my bills are paid as well as the donation list. (don't worry, none of you are on that list :D)

Do any of you enablers have a suggestions? Maybe I should see the doctor.

Maloy

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Here are some good gun related ideas:
- Are you currently reloading ammunition? If so, what may need improvement? If not, maybe get some reloading equipment.
- Range time with your favorite firearms is always therapeutic.

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Nothing wrong holding to the money till you are ready to buy another gun.:)

·
Premium Member
3,613 Posts
Accessories...do you need any grips, cleaning supplies, optics, screws, safe, magazines, TA.net contribution?

You can always drop it in the plate on Sunday or pay off some school lunches at the local elementary school.

Of course, keeping it is a good option. If you're working, up your 401K contribution for a month and use the $1000 to replace the cash flow. At least you'll save some income tax!

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Tuck the cash away for a rainy day. Trust me, a rainy day will come.

Then I would change the title of your post. The world is crazy and unpredictable. Every where you turn someone is watching your every move and predicting what you may do next. Phone calls are monitor watching for certain words or key phrases used in conversations. The internet police are all over the place. Just saying.

·
21,915 Posts
Go pick out a really good-looking wood display case with a glass top. Then find something blued and engraved and stunning to put in it. You're welcome.

If that doesn't float your boat, how about getting some training? There are some really fun courses out there (if they are still running in this pandemic).

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I do the same. I start looking at things I think it would be fun to have, then I think about what I already have.
Haven't been to the range in months so nothing I already own is getting used anyway. Nothing I have I want
to get rid of so I wouldn't be replacing anything.

Put that money in the bank. Get a couple things out of the safe you haven't shot in a while and shoot them. It'll
almost be like having a new gun.

Reactions: Ickthus

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I'd be happy to send a copy of my new book "Brain Power" for the special one-time-only price of exactly $1,000.00 :D

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Seeing the doctor will not only cost you money but red flag you "depressed, buying a gun". You could buy me a gun for the cost of going to a doctor. That new keltec .22 is less than $200. After seeing how happy I am you will not be depressed anymore and maybe be inspired to more ahead with getting something. :rolleyes:

·
8,319 Posts
Ok, now put it in a savings account and wait for the covid/riot panic to be over. Then when all those new used guns come back into circulation, buy big. Also maybe wait for year end clearance sales to maximize your buying power. Now if only I had that much self control...:)

·
Registered
891 Posts
I am a two in a million with you as I can not find another firearm that just jumps out at me and cries to be purchased. I honestly am satisfied with all the firearms I own. Do not see a new one I feel is better than I have....have gone the various holster route....all the firearms have new sights installed and loaded up on ammo. A drone with missiles would interest me though!!!:secret:

·
Super Moderator
34,935 Posts
I'm spending my money on a front deck. But, well, the old steps were getting pretty rickety.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Well, since it is more blessed to give than to receive, I'll do you a favor and PM you my address.
Then you can relieve your depression by enjoying the blessing of giving - by sending that $1000 my way.
I guarantee you I can find a gun or two to spend it on, and ammo to purchase with any funds that are left over! :D
I'll even bolster your enjoyment of the blessing by posting pictures of what I get with the money! ;)

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My employer gave out the bonus to all of us that reported to work everyday during this pandemic even though sales and manufacturing was heavily impacted. I was pleasantly surprised and really had to thank them as it is a family owned private business and money is tight. So I think for now, it can stay in the bank. This week we start a work rotation. So it is probably best to hold onto it, the second half this year will be interesting

Cutting tool industry is not expected to pick back up until second quarter of next year which is where our business is positioned. IMTS was even cancelled. Of course Chicago is pretty messed up right now, but the organizers site Covid-19.

Maloy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts