Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Between my 55th birthday two weeks ago and Christmas, my father has given me $700. I went through my current inventory, and cannot find a gap in what I own.

I've hit a wall, there are no new guns I must have. Even worse, my credit card is a clean slate! I've plenty of Tactical Tupperware, 1911's, nice revolvers from .22 LR to .454 Casull. I've nice long guns from .22 to .45-70. My Mil-surplus I'm happy with and have even downsized it some. I'm even happy with my selection of shotguns. I even got back into 10mm!

What's worse, I looked at CZ and EAA and nothing trips the trigger. I was looking at a S&W .460V and cannot see the need and the want has been tempered by taking out the Ruger Super Redhawk in .454 and the Raging Bull in .45 Colt. With both being 6-shot over the S&W 5-shot. There is still is no word on the Taurus 692 for spring, or after the Shot Show, which is weeks away. My interest in it has fallen so far, they can shove it where the sun doesn't shine. Also, what's going on with their lever guns?

I now feel so empty and defeated.:'(

Maybe a blued Ruger Blackhawk 4-5/8" in 9mm/.357 combo will fill the void. ;) It would be a nice match for the .45 Colt/.45 ACP that I need to shoot more.

Maloy

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Man, that's a horrible situation your in...not! Lol. How bout a nice Desert Eagle Gold Tiger Striped, in .50 AE? That is my Kryptonite.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
You might consider a Canik TP9 DA. Its a duty sized gun with a 4" bbl and 18 round mag. It is a striker fired gun AND it has a fantastic DA/SA trigger, and a de-cocker. You can carry in DA and first pull is long double action, then all follow ups are SA until you hit the de-cocker. OR....you can carry in SA.
The closest gun to it is the Walther P99 AS (which it is modeled after) and this is the 3rd generation of the gun. Best trigger I have seen on a striker gun- period.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Have you built anything yet?

·
8,902 Posts
Boy what a tough situation to be in...:p

There is a new CZ P10 just out it is a full size version of the CZP10C. Then there is the CZ75 SA , which looks like may have a great trigger. How about a Sub2K or hi point carbine. I did just buy a new Rossi stainless lever rifle in 357 from Kentucky Gun CO. Or how about Sig - been seeing P229's for the mid $500's. The Beretta 92's are slowly coming down in price, and there is a 92C for the mid $500's. I could go on and on with my list of wants, but just some ideas for you.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
STI has some nice customs. CZ Shadow II. Canik TP9sf elite COMBAT. FN 5.7

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
See if you can find a Canik 55 Shark FC

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You might consider a Canik TP9 DA. Its a duty sized gun with a 4" bbl and 18 round mag. It is a striker fired gun AND it has a fantastic DA/SA trigger, and a de-cocker. You can carry in DA and first pull is long double action, then all follow ups are SA until you hit the de-cocker. OR....you can carry in SA.
The closest gun to it is the Walther P99 AS (which it is modeled after) and this is the 3rd generation of the gun. Best trigger I have seen on a striker gun- period.
I've a PPQ Classic that's very nice. In reality it is an updated P99. They even use the same magazines. It's one of the few Walthers that share a magazine.

Maloy

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Boy what a tough situation to be in...:p

There is a new CZ P10 just out it is a full size version of the CZP10C. Then there is the CZ75 SA , which looks like may have a great trigger. How about a Sub2K or hi point carbine. I did just buy a new Rossi stainless lever rifle in 357 from Kentucky Gun CO. Or how about Sig - been seeing P229's for the mid $500's. The Beretta 92's are slowly coming down in price, and there is a 92C for the mid $500's. I could go on and on with my list of wants, but just some ideas for you.
I've a P10C several P-9 and CZ75's as well as the P07. Two of my P-9's came out of the Springfield Armory Custom shop. One Les Baer worked on personally, and the other is one of their World Cup race guns done under his supervision. It's a bit different than what Tanfoglio produced for them later after he was gone. As for Sig, I like my improved P320's. I've a Taurus PT-92 I like better than the Beretta because of the safety location and decocker. I also have a nice Rossi/Taurus .357 lever gun.

I've not been able to embrace the Sig-P226. I like them, but too invested in the P320. Heck!, I still have Glocks even though I've nicer guns in the PPQ Classic, P320C's, and the CZ-P07 and P10C.

Maloy

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm leaning towards a nice revolver. I've looked a new S&W's and I've noted some fitting issues between the barrel and frame. Also the triggers are not as nice, but I can fix that part. I looked at a Ruger Redhawk in .45 Colt/.45 ACP and every example sucked on the trigger. I did order a 3.5" .45 ACP barrel for my Bond Arms.

I'm seriously looking at shooting SASS again and lack some backup revolvers. I'd like to find an Antonio Zoli Silver Hawk double like the one and only one I have and used.

Maloy

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Well if you sell me that Raging Bull in .45 colt you can buy that 460.........or some nice cowboy guns.

·
Super Moderator
37,265 Posts
I am sure that you handload already, but maybe an upgrade on presses?

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Since we dont know the extent of your current arsenal, it'll be difficult to advise. If you're wanting to get back into SASS, maybe look for an older Pre lock Rossi lever gun and get it slicked up or find another SAA you like the feel of. If that doesn't work, start looking at your long range arms. Most people will do handguns, shotguns and a ton of short to mid range rifles but very few set up or even own long range rigs. 700 bucks however may be a bit anemic for a good long range rig.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yes being content is horrible:sarcasm::sarcasm: Plenty of help needed in this world,be a blessing to someone.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts