Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been in the market for a 32 revolver for quite some time. The Colts and S&W's are mostly out of my range, due to their collectable status, so I've been looking at the Rossi's, H&R's, Iver Johnson's, etc. There's a nickel Rossi on GB that I'm interested in, but I get the feeling they aren't very durable. Any gun I get, I want it to be dependable, above all. I can live with a knock-off, as long as it functions. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with Rossi's that look like this. Sorry, I don't have a model number. The one I'm bidding on doesn't have a bobbed hammer. If I don't get it it's no big deal. If I don't get a steal then I don't want it. It must be able to stand up to a moderate amount of use as I would be casting and reloading for it. Thanks in advance.
Revolver Trigger Wood Air gun Gun barrel

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Only experience I have with Rossi are with long guns. A .22 clone of the Winchester 62 pump which works very well now but didn't at 1st. Workmanship leaves something to be desired but it works. The other one is a .357 lever action clone of the Winchester 92 & it works well too & is surprisingly accurate but, again, workmanship is pretty crappy.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The more I think about it... The only Rossi I have is the 357 lever rifle. Fun gun, but the overall quality is less than I would like. I'll probably pass on the auction. I've already been outbid.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
I've been in the market for a 32 revolver for quite some time. The Colts and S&W's are mostly out of my range, due to their collectable status, so I've been looking at the Rossi's, H&R's, Iver Johnson's, etc. There's a nickel Rossi on GB that I'm interested in, but I get the feeling they aren't very durable. Any gun I get, I want it to be dependable, above all. I can live with a knock-off, as long as it functions. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with Rossi's that look like this. Sorry, I don't have a model number. The one I'm bidding on doesn't have a bobbed hammer. If I don't get it it's no big deal. If I don't get a steal then I don't want it. It must be able to stand up to a moderate amount of use as I would be casting and reloading for it. Thanks in advance.
View attachment 481715
When you say32, 32 what? 32 S&W, 32 long, etc.
Since reliability is a concern, I'm assuming that you might be considering this as a defensive handgun?

·
Registered
32,298 Posts
I own several Rossi handguns and long guns, All have been very reliable. I would think this nickle plated one would be a great value at around $300

·
Super Moderator
40,705 Posts
View attachment 481715
I have many older .32 S&W longs, I think 7 or 8. I have been collecting them for years. Just really like the caliber for some reason.

I have an old Rossi and an old Taurus .32 S&W long. Both are shot on a regular basis and both seem to be well made. Neither one has given me any concerns. They both do have heavy trigger pulls, however that is not an issue for me. The one you have pictured looks newer than the one I have. Mine are from the 70's or older.

I have a NEF .32 H&R Mag as well it is also a nice revolver and seems built pretty solid.

Also I hand load .32S&W Long and I am loading based on data from I think the 50's which is much hotter than current load data. All of my .32's handle the hotter loads just fine.

Reactions: PTDOUDE
1 - 7 of 7 Posts