Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had many discussions about the rise of a police state and the illusions of security that give rise to our acquiescence. A couple of stories before I go and quote Jefferson again:
Pair Held in Twitter Homeland Threat Mix-Up: Reports - ABC News
Muslim: Quip led to terror probe | The Chronicle Herald

The place I learned about these incidents was The Atlantic; credit where credit is due.

Now, as promised:
Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.
Thomas Jefferson.

·
Registered
27,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It all started with that damnable "Metric System" and of course those pesky "Black Helicopters". ;)
Wait...
Were the helicopters supposed to make us feel safe?!?
I always thought we were supposed to be afraid of them...

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
I thought they were there to prevent the neighbors from putting a bomb on my doorstep.
SOMETHING is certainly preventing that, so the Security State works!

(Then again, maybe they just don't know how to make a bomb. Maybe I should help them find the appropriate website?)

·
Super Moderator
21,536 Posts
Thats why I say to you all what you think is harmless joking could end up being a real headache in this days world I know I have cut back on the rhetoric as I don't want a funny farm joke to have me jerked off the streets and to parts unknown because of what I thought was a joke.

The crooks in charge don't want any loose ends in a election year. No Joe the Plumber will happen again.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
All this while our southern border remains porous.

My brother was a Texas border county cop for years. His connections tell him now that middle-easterners are crossing regularly. They learn a little Spanish and blend in with the 'usuals'. :mad:

There I go gettin HOMOPHOBIC once more.......I'll have to snap my wrist again with that rubber band!

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
Lord love a duck ......................... what next?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Like 5.56, 9 and 7.62!
Rod, your "like" button wasn't available for some reason (I'll have to owe you one). Gonna order me some more 5.56. Nice metrics...

·
Registered
27,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought they were there to prevent the neighbors from putting a bomb on my doorstep.
SOMETHING is certainly preventing that, so the Security State works!

(Then again, maybe they just don't know how to make a bomb. Maybe I should help them find the appropriate website?)
I say if your neighbors are too dumb to find their own instructions that's their problem.
You can even find directions on making a nuclear device - both conventional and dirty - on the net. Some of them aren't even traps by the government to find out who is interested. NOTE: even if you find the directions, there are some difficult technical issues that need to be addressed.
Heck, Wikipedia even has an article on making ricin...

·
Registered
27,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All this while our southern border remains porous.

My brother was a Texas border county cop for years. His connections tell him now that middle-easterners are crossing regularly. They learn a little Spanish and blend in with the 'usuals'. :mad:

There I go gettin HOMOPHOBIC once more.......I'll have to snap my wrist again with that rubber band!
That's not homophobic, it's ethnophobic. (Not a common term, but I refuse to misuse the term racist...)
NOTE: Above comment is politically correct and does not necessarily reflect the actual opinions of either the author or the management of this forum.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Watch what you say folks, the MAN has no sense of humor.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Man, if they ever listened to us in school, we'd all be in jail. That was the bomb! Man, that is fire! I'm gonna blow you away. Mix carefully, very volatile ingredients.

Sarge

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
I don't want to play if what we are joking about will deprive my of my freedom.

Say what is this crap that we have to worry about what we jokingly say?

Is this a police state?

The LEO's around here are too busy making sure everyone is wearing their seatbelt
to spare the time to patrol the neighborhood's for BG's that maybe breaking into
old peoples homes to rob and kill them....

Who voted in that seatbelt law anyway? The insurance companys?

Old Biker.gif

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Humor is that which deprives the sting of truth of a small bit of that sting. Both links were fine examples of the over reaching PC attitude currently en vogue. I do not employ any caution in what I say. And it has resulted in a few conversations with authority figures. So far no problems and a few friends gathered and hopefully a wee bit of learning on their side.

Sarge

Reactions: rodfair
1 - 16 of 16 Posts