Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Following orders about genocide is a bit different.
Granted it IS a bit different. However, in the earliest challenges to the Bill of Rights by definition those rights existed before the United States so they were "given" to us by God if not by providence. So I would say those rights are nearly up there with life it's self. And lessening of them dilutes life it's self. That is if you believe in the textual definition of the Constitution. JMHO

Reactions: ChrisH and RimPhyr

·
Registered
27,567 Posts
Unless you can convince a licensed dealer to perform the transaction in your home, this is a non-starter. While the judge ruled you don't have to have a FOID card to have a gun in your own home, how are you supposed to get it there? What licensed dealer is going to risk his business by selling you a gun without a FOID?
Did the court leave the requirement for the purchaser to have an FOID intact? That would seem silly.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I beg to differ. The "right" to own a gun is protected by the Constitution, no granted by the Constitution. The Bill of Rights spells out what the government cannot do to the citizens and not what the citizens may or may not do. An important distinction. It's part of the the pursuit of life, liberty and happiness endowed by our creator and unalienable.
Protected instead of granted.

·
Super Moderator
37,012 Posts
SS#1 - All I did was round them up
SS#2 - All I did was put them on a train
SS#3 - All I did was put them in the chamber
Most of them were indoctrinated as teenagers. A failure to follow orders was usually a death sentence, well publicized to impress the others.

Reactions: jwc007

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
Nazi Germany aside, it was also attempted as a defense for crimes committed by US troops in Vietnam. Court Martial tribunals ruled that "just following orders" was not a valid defense to commit atrocities against prisoners and civilians in war zones. It's been established by precedent that a soldier can and must refuse unlawful orders.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
As a neighbor to Illinois and as a state that Illinois has also claimed is a pipeline for illegal guns because of our "Lax" gun laws and also as a former resident it will be very interesting to see where and how this goes. I have long felt that the FOID card in Illinois was a political weapon and nothing more than an unfair tax source. The law has been in place for many years and yet we never hear of anyone being charged with possession of a firearm w/o a FOID, even after being arrested for a felony. Again, nothing more than a tax revenue source.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Did the court leave the requirement for the purchaser to have an FOID intact? That would seem silly.
I have not read the ruling, just what was posted on here. It sounds like it is unconstitutional to require a FOID to have a gun in the home. My point is, how do you buy it (where do you buy it) without the FOID? Unless the dealer comes to your home and delivers it, it isn't in your home and the ruling doesn't seem to apply.

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you investigate this case, you will find that another judge (now retired) in White County previously ruled the FOID to be unconstitutional. The case went to the Illinois Supreme Court but the coward judges vacated the case on a technicality and sent it back to the county in April 2020. Now the 2nd judge in White County has also ruled the FOID unconstitutional.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Turn it UP, let everyone hear this!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have not read the ruling, just what was posted on here. It sounds like it is unconstitutional to require a FOID to have a gun in the home. My point is, how do you buy it (where do you buy it) without the FOID? Unless the dealer comes to your home and delivers it, it isn't in your home and the ruling doesn't seem to apply.
GUN? What gun? I have no guns; all I own are projectile generators!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts