Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In just three more days, Mrs. Flash and I will celebrate our FIFTY-THIRD Wedding anniversary, and there are some things about this relationship - and women in general, because I have two daughters - I'm still trying to figure out.

She's not really humorless, she doesn't dislike jokes. But when I first met her at church one Sunday, I asked her if she'd like to go out with me on Friday night. Her answer: "Don't make me laugh!"

And then, later, when I DID, in all seriousness, ask her to marry me, she laughed for three minutes, non-stop.

If anybody ever does get a foolproof system for figuring out women, write a book and if I'm still alive, I'll buy the first copy.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Congratulations on the 53rd!

With 53 years in the books, it sounds like you at least figured out you had a good thing going. Happy anniversary!

Reactions: Flash60601

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,876 Posts
An achievement to be proud of Congratulations!

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Happy Anniversary to you and yours ! Main thing you practice after that many years is don’t sit around arguing with each other especially for others to see . Leaves bad memories for the children . Second is just be thankful you have a partner still alive after that many years . And last .......... , don’t try figuring out women , let them start trying to figure out you !! :D :D

·
Registered
14,647 Posts
Women have women figured out and they hate each other. Just count your blessings and be happy.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Jack Nicholson in As Good As It gets pretty much sums up how to write about women:

"I think of a man, and take away reason and accountability".

Explains everything pretty well.

·
8,408 Posts
Neat story - happy anniversary Flash. I think you just wrote the first chapter of that much needed novel. If she is still laughing at you after 53 years obviously you provide joy. So just keep being funny, maybe even do more stoopid stuff..Keep her laughing!

·
Registered
7,575 Posts
I show my wife some of the post's on here, sometimes she laughs, sometimes nothing.

Happy Anniversary!

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
Happy 53rd Anniversary!

I hope you know that you've made it through the easy part. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts