Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In case y ou missed it, the ad reads:

The condition of this firearm is a result to "disable" it for protection by the previous owners friend. They certainly did that. This would be a great parts firearm for someone needing parts for a model 15. There are several good parts remaining.
Disgusting

·
Registered
27,629 Posts
It boggles my mind that
  1. Someone is willing to pay $75 (or more) for the parts left.
  2. Someone is willing to go through the hassle of filling out a 4473 for this. (Or it's being bought by an FFL - which also boggles)

Also: That defies the definition of "friend".

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It boggles my mind that
  1. Someone is willing to pay $75 (or more) for the parts left.
  2. Someone is willing to go through the hassle of filling out a 4473 for this. (Or it's being bought by an FFL - which also boggles)

Also: That defies the definition of "friend".
Those diamond grips are worth about 100 bucks, as they're in great shape. The rest of the gun looked to be in equally great shape before the the do-gooder got a hold of it.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
If that frame is still true and the threads can be salvaged it's a fabulous buy, worth more than the asking price just to find out the true and accurate condition.

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Why didn't they just drop it into the sea?

Reactions: MoMan and Rossi

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
That is the most absurd thing I've seen on Gun Broker. The best thing about that ad is to completely ignore it.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Those grips are a treasure!

Reactions: Rossi

·
Registered
15,144 Posts
ok, so they trashed a revolver like that by sawing (poorly) off the barrel and smashing it with a hammer on the back of the frame/cylinder on the right hand side then put to lag bolts into it. So why didn't they just surrender it to police for destruction? because they were afraid they'd be arrested for having it. My guess is someone talked them into thinking they could get a couple of hundred bucks regardless of condition on the internet. Barrel is destroyed but can be replaced, frame... trashed. Internals, possibly trashed as a result of hammering on it. The only salvageable parts are the grips. Not sure as that can be sold as it is even with a 4473 due to the virtual lack of barrel based on Cali laws.

·
8,880 Posts
I shouldn't have looked. Now I wanna cry. :(

·
Super Moderator
37,220 Posts
Probably done as some kind of CA ritual. As it's nowhere near firing condition, I question whether one needs an FFL to mail...just USPS it as parts.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts