Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14,817 Posts
This follows true with people on social media in general. you don't need to ask people about specific personal information. Just follow them on social media and there's a high likelihood that they've already posted it. It practically screams "steal my identity". FB and google are just using it in a specific manner to go against Pro-2A people.

Reactions: Qwiks draw

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts
I would never. It's surprising what people can pull off of photos. One celebrity stalker tracked down his target's home by the reflection in her eye of a building across the street from a selfie she took. Researchers have pulled images and were able to duplicate a retina scan...off a picture! I think I remember someone pulling a fingerprint off a "thumbs up".

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
I'm not conceited enough for Facebook and such. I don't think that the whole world wants or needs to know my every action or hear my every musing.

Besides, I still think that there are things that are none of anyone's business. I don't tell the people I live with every little detail of my life, so what makes you think that I'm going to blog it live?

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts
I don’t Facebook. Never have, and never will.
I did for a while. But nobody ever responded to anything I had to say so I figured nobody cares. I closed the account. Now I have an assumed-name account so I can keep up with the kids/grandkids. I have exactly six friends, all relatives by blood or marriage.

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
I don't even post pictures of what firearms I have in here.
I can't remember the last time I mentioned one specifically.
I'm ugly, not stupid. Well, maybe a little.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I try to be careful with whatever I put online, even if it's here. I have posted that I support the Constitution and all of the bill of rights, and am not ashamed to admit that to the whole world. If someone has a problem with that, that's their problem. I have posted a pic of my PT111 G2 frozen, but if posting that is going to get me in some kind of trouble the countries in worse shape than I thought.

·
Super Moderator
13,829 Posts
I try to be careful with whatever I put online, even if it's here. I have posted that I support the Constitution and all of the bill of rights, and am not ashamed to admit that to the whole world. If someone has a problem with that, that's their problem. I have posted a pic of my PT111 G2 frozen, but if posting that is going to get me in some kind of trouble the countries in worse shape than I thought.
It is.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I guess I should've said, "in trouble locally". :) Yes I know people like Beto etc think people that own a Taurus handgun are some kind of potential evil monsters, but they haven't banned anything here yet. (not that they aren't trying hard though) If they hate on me just because I have a Taurus handgun they'll really hate everyone else who lives around me. The guns they own must be defective though, if guns cause crime as the anti gunners claim, because we have had zero violent crime so far.:confused:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I'm still waiting to see if my guns cause crime. So far so good they cant get out of the safe. Well, except for one. But I had to open the safe and pick it up. And even then it did nothing illegal.

Now one of the Grey Guardians.

·
Administrator
35,318 Posts
Facebook is no place to show off your guns. I've posted a picture before, many years ago, of my daughter in law shooting but I've never put anything else out there since. I just don't use Facebook anymore.

·
22,021 Posts
I like Facebook for posting things that make my liberal friends mad.

I do actually keep up with friends and family who live far away. The
problem with anything like Facebook is once it becomes as popular
as it has it becomes a tool for the nefarious.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I won't even post a picture of my "official Red Ryder, carbine action, 200-shot, range model air rifle, with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time" out of fear that Beto may attempt to force me to sell it to him. That would not be a happy Christmas Story.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I stopped using Social Media years ago and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

I never wanted any Social Media accouts, but was repeatedly persuaded to do so by women whom I was romantically interested in/involved with. I went through having a Friendster account, then MySpace, and last but not least Facebook before I got fed up with dealing with all the toxicity and drama those places encourage. It just got old extremely fast watching people complain all day long about nonsense, post obnoxious nondescript comments then get defensive if anyone dared asked for clarification, and attention-who...AHEM, attention-seeking. But by far the worst thing was just how unabashedly scummy people were, saying nasty things about people behind their backs, discussing vulgar things, and turning on anyone who disagreed with them on even the most minor of subjects because apparently they just wanted to live in an echo-chamber.

Seriously, based on my experiences, the term "Social Media" is a complete misnomer because if anything it should be called Anti-social Media. I lost way more friends than I ever made using Social Media because I couldn't stand how scummy people who used it were.
Honestly, if there's one "good" thing about Social Media it's how readily it reveals the true nature of the people who make frequent use of it. It saved me from a lot of toxic relationships too, because it ironically resulted in me losing interest in every single romantic interest who ever persuaded me to use it. I learned that one of them was cheating on me because she was too stupid to hide it on Social Media, then the other two I learned were complete psychos thanks to the frighteningly crazy crap they posted on a regular basis which was backlogged for years on their profile.
However, personally I would rather simply use the tried and true method of simply distancing myself from anyone who uses Social Media on a regular basis, especially those who keep pressuring me to open an account on such miserable places.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts