Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, got my Tracker out yesterday to try and sight it in.
Had to get a front and rear sight for it, cause the guy who owned it before mounted a scope
on it and didn't bother to keep the stock sights with the gun!
So I went with a S&W 617 front sight by HiViz, found it to be a little taller than the original, had to
raise the rear up a lot to get it close, will try on paper next week.
If you buy a firearm, keep the stuff that came with it and include it when you sell it!!!!!
Speaking of which, I have a scope mount and eye relief scope I will be putting up for sale soon.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well,I am thinking I can take more off the front sight base too lower it..........
Will see.

·
Registered
19,308 Posts
...and label the stuff so you'll know what it's for.
...and if you're anything like me...:unsure:...prob'ly oughta' make a video of where you put it and post it to youtube so you can look it up later to remind you what the heck you did with it. I always put things right where I know I'll be able to find 'em...:mellow:...I lose more stuff that way.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
...and if you're anything like me...:unsure:...prob'ly oughta' make a video of where you put it and post it to youtube so you can look it up later to remind you what the heck you did with it. I always put things right where I know I'll be able to find 'em...:mellow:...I lose more stuff that way.
Mouseman - GREAT idea! I have all sorts of rear sights safely stored somewhere, but can't find 'em!

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
I always keep everything--
I even keep all those extra parts that I have when I take one of my guns down past field stripping!!---

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Any time you do ANYTHING to a gun that changes it from stock you need to keep the OEM parts. Just because you like that scope doesn't mean the guy thinking about buying it from you will like it, too.

Personally, I would have passed on it when I found out the open sights were gone. Either that, or he would have had to seriously come down on the price to compensate for me having to find replacements.

·
Registered
17,455 Posts
Thumb drive. Safer than Youtube.

Reactions: kschilk

·
Registered
17,455 Posts
I always keep everything--
I even keep all those extra parts that I have when I take one of my guns down past field stripping!!---
Funny how a guy can add two more guns to his collection simply by stripping everything down and cleaning them.

·
Registered
19,308 Posts
Thumb drive. Safer than Youtube.
:mellow:...I'm still looking for a few misplaced flash drives and SD cards. I still say that though digital media may be able to store incredible amounts of information...:mellow:...but I've never known a filing cabinet to crash or get lost.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts

·
Registered
8,435 Posts
You could use old pill bottles to keep small part's in.
Also easy to write on with magic markers.

Reactions: misPhyr

·
22,962 Posts
At least you don't put them in "a safe place." That's like throwing them into Mount Doom. Or boxing up the Ark of the Covenant. Or filing them with Hillary's ethics.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
:mellow:...I'm still looking for a few misplaced flash drives and SD cards. I still say that though digital media may be able to store incredible amounts of information...:mellow:...but I've never known a filing cabinet to crash or get lost.
Harder to hack, too.

·
Registered
17,455 Posts
You could use old pill bottles to keep small part's in.
Also easy to write on with magic markers.
My dad used to nail baby good bottle caps to the 2X6s in the basement and store little bottles of gun parts, springs, screws, etc overhead.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts