Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...with a 9mm pocket pistol, what would you recommend? Remember, we're talking TCP and LCP sized pistols. I realize the .380s quoted are 'bout as small as they come, but I'd like the increased power of a 9 mil. It would also consolidate my ammo caliber. I want a semiautomatic, striker or hammer, doesn't matter as much as concealment, and absolute reliability, or as close to that as we can get. Probably single-stack, I already have a compact double-stack 9mm. Thoughts?

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
I wish I could help, but I don't do pocket pistols. The smallest I carry is a Colt Defender in .45ACP. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Diamondback DB9

Reactions: TrucksNCoffee

·
Administrator
35,533 Posts
I think the suggestions above are in the size range you're looking for.....another one to consider would be the Keltec PF9. A great sized 9mm for a really good price.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
If going to 9mm from a .380 for a pocket pistol I wouldn't bother. If your looking for a summer gun just get a PT140. Heck I can carry my PT1911 during the summertime in shirt and shorts in 120° weather and no worries, BTW I'm not a big guy and no one knows.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
It's a double stack, but the Pt 809C is pretty nice.

The only reason I sold mine is to buy a full size 809 cause I got big hands. I really can't do the compact or sub compact thing.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
What about the Sig 938? Isn't it the 9mm version of the 238? Seems to me it would fit in your pocket.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
SCCY CPX........
A little fat, but with 11 rounds, I'll take it.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
I think the Kahr CM9 is the smallest. I have a Sig 938, 22 version but same size as the 9, it pocket carries easily. The SCCY is great and I can pocket carry also, but it tends to print, especially when I sit down.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My wife carries a Sig 938 and I alternate between a Beretta Nano (IWB Carry) or a Kimber Solo (pocket carry). I'd recommend any of these.

Reactions: TrucksNCoffee

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
I went with a Kahr PM9 for when I want a 9mm over my .380 TCP
I carry either in my inner coat pocket or IWB, I can't do either for front pants pocket with my jeans, but I wear straight fit jeans and don't care for the bulging pocket.
The PM9 (or tiny bit larger/squar-er CM9) is pocketable depending on the pocket.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Sir check into some of the better carry rigs and you will find a gun in a holster is easy to get. Pocket guns in pockets often are not. Example being, sit down, now quickly get your pocket gun out of your pocket. For coat or jacket pocket carry my 45 baby Glock works. My coats and jackets have inside pockets that work well. In the summer a tee shirt out or loose shirt works. I have 380 and 9 mm in Kel-tec, own and have owned an abundance of pocket guns in from 17 to 45 caliber. Pants pocket carry in a front pocket with any gun becomes a problem when you sit down.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
If I was in the market for a 9mm pocket gun, I would go with the Sig 938 without question or hesitation. The size is perfect
(just a bit larger than it's .380 little sister). Quality, accuracy, and recoil are extremely good for a gun of it's size. You can
find them at very reasonable prices now, too.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts