Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...which one would it be? To be clear, I don't own any guns that I want to part with. I like them all. But I was thinking today, if I could only keep one of them, which one would it be, and why would I keep it?

Here's the criteria:
Capable cartridge/caliber
Concealable in the most circumstances
Light weight
Dependable

The winner? It would be my Taurus LCP II.

Of course, I prefer to carry the Shield with an extra magazine, but it's too big to pocket carry, especially in dress slacks at work. The SIG P320 compact and the Ruger SR9c are also preferred carry guns, but not in the pocket. If I didn't have to carry in deep concealment so much, any of these other guns would be toss-ups.

What would yours be?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Have purged my collection to have only guns that serve a dual purpose for carry and range. Keep only one?....No doubt winner is CZ P-07.

·
Super Moderator
36,744 Posts
I'm in the CZ camp also...CZ 75 Compact. Small enough to carry (IWB), 14 +1 capacity 9mm, and accurate/reliable. But that is a hard choice to put on me...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
If you can only keep 1 then your life is so messed up that any suggestion I would have would be pointless. If the giant meteor that slammed in the Yucatan peninsula 65 million years ago was 30 seconds earlier or 30 seconds later, we wouldn't be here anyways.

Reactions: Kevin Keith

·
8,779 Posts
Just one...easy to conceal.. Ok I'll play - I have a noisy cricket a Keltec P32. But if I had to choose it within the criteria it would be my Walther PPQ.

·
Administrator
40,089 Posts
Based on the OP’s criteria, my Glock 19.

·
Super Moderator
19,861 Posts
Not sure where you get your physics/archeology and geology info from but the only way we wouldn’t be here is if the meteor had missed altogether. And, make no mistake, another one of the same size (~ 6 miles long) hitting just about anywhere would obliterate all life on this planet again. For the record, the Yucatán meteor/asteroid didn’t obliterate 100% of life; about 4-6% of living organisms - mostly deep ocean dwellers - survived.

As to the OP, I plan to never have to choose just one but, if really pressed, would be my Ruger 357 Mag revolver because I might just run across a rifle that shoots it too.

·
Administrator
35,504 Posts
As to the OP's criteria, I have no idea what 'lightweight' matters in the choosing of a single gun, I don't really own any guns that are lightweight and major caliber. I'm not going to pick a 380 for my number one gun I would never get rid of.....So throwing that condition out, I'd have to say that I would choose my Taurus 617, a 7 shot 357 magnum. But I would be one unhappy camper to not have those other guns, they all serve a purpose and I could see most of them in the same light.

·
Premium Member
4,795 Posts
My first gun, bought as a teenager when I moved to the big city...DWA Model 15 (.357).

The PT732 is tiny, so I would hide it and keep it too.

What IS a Taurus LCP II (pictures please)?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My first gun, bought as a teenager when I moved to the big city...DWA Model 15 (.357).

The PT732 is tiny, so I would hide it and keep it too.

What IS a Taurus LCP II (pictures please)?
Oops. Now I feel like The Scare Crow on Wizard of Oz. If I only had a brain....

I have a TCP738 and a RUGER LCP II. Each meet my criteria, but I would choose the RUGER over the TCP.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
If, for some gawdawful reason I had to choose just one gun and lose all the rest, then I would probably pick my Para Ordinance P10-45 Warthogish simply because it's possibly the most valuable pistol I own (yeah, yeah - you Dan Wesson 1911 owners pipe down! I be poor!) and I performed all the smithing myself.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Could change my mind five minute after I post this one.G 48 9mm.:)

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Well using the set criteria it would be my PT92. Arguably not the most concealable but still I'd make it work. Dependable and high round count. If I could only keep one gun out of all I own without criteria it would have to be an AR.

Reactions: Yissnakk

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
PT809.... utterly reliable, I have extra mags, I have holsters for various situations.
But I'm going to find somewhere to stash all my other guns and ammo!:)

·
Premium Member
13,312 Posts
I didn't even have to think about it, my P365!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts