Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an excellent article on the true danger posed by "assumed" powers when in the hands of an executive.

"If a president of the U.S. has a power to assassinate American citizens, then, logically, this means that he also has punitive powers that stop short of killing, since killing is for most of us just about the worst thing that can be done to us. In particular, if he has the assassination power, then he also has the power to imprison you indefinitely, to torture you, to starve you, to isolate you from the company of others, to take away all your property, to prevent you from working, to remove your vital organs, and to mutilate you. If a president has a power to kill you, then he has the power to do anything he wishes with you and to you."

Link to full article here.

My comments here.

Reactions: Armedpatriot

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Yup, that's pretty much confirmed by what Will Munny thought:

"..Funny thing, killin' a man. You take away everything he's got and everything he's gonna have..".

Reactions: ozzy

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
68 views and one response, two with mine. America, grow a pair!

Reactions: Freedom First

·
Registered
273 Posts
He da KING !... or god almighty. (or he'd like to be)

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I've already commented on this subject and want to state again I'm not suicidal or going on any vacations so if I am suddenly not around after a day or so you know what happened.

Reactions: jimbo44

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I've already commented on this subject and want to state again I'm not suicidal or going on any vacations so if I am suddenly not around after a day or so you know what happened.
I'll keep this post active either way, I ain't scurred!!!

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Truthfully I did not know that the president had the power and authority that Bill Clinton and Barrack Obumma have assumed; also if you will notice that every one that has crossed or informed on either one of these has been killed or disappeared;

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
This president has used that power already.

·
Registered
119 Posts
This president has used that power already.
I shook my head the day I saw Americans cheering the death of Alauwi (excuse the spelling). I just couldn't get it through people's heads. "aren't you happy he is dead!?". People would say. You are missing the point I said, you are cheering the assassination of an American citizen by our government, one that announced it on public tv. That is what they do, justify their actions based on an extreme case, and now they have the power FOREVER, in any case....

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I'm still here! No black helecopters yet.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I shook my head the day I saw Americans cheering the death of Alauwi (excuse the spelling). I just couldn't get it through people's heads. "aren't you happy he is dead!?". People would say. You are missing the point I said, you are cheering the assassination of an American citizen by our government, one that announced it on public tv. That is what they do, justify their actions based on an extreme case, and now they have the power FOREVER, in any case....
I posted a similar thread on another forum and got some interesting comments along the lines of what you mention.

Freedom First said:
opencarry.org
...I would prefer to see acting immediately through Due Process. Trial in absentia. You know, that pesky Fourth Amendment thing? Then, when Due Process has been satisfied and a conviction has been reached by a jury, put out a nice reward for the first one to bring in his head. Attached or not.

I take issue with killing a man without a trial... Either all Americans have Natural Rights which are codified and protected by the Constitution or none of us do.

When the POTUS assumes power to kill any American, he assumes the power to kill us all. Sorry, read your history. Tyrants tend to use powers left to them by their predecessors. Bush left the Patriot Act and Obama has expanded on that. What will the next man do with the power to kill certain Americans?

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
the greatest of societies will be brought down by greed (leaders) and power grabbing and ignorance (the people) and our inability too stand up and shout, we can see it now and history speaks of it often ( look into the failed super societies on history channels)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This topic has been very interesting on another site where I posted basically the same information.

OCDO

It has been very interesting seeing how the two different groups of people approach the same subject. Thanks for all your great replies!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...
I wish someone would do one for April 19, 1775...

Hey, you guys are smart. Write one and throw your prose up here... ;)

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
Scary but true!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts