Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be shooting the idpa classifier tomarrow w/ my 945...hopefully I make Marksman....I will let you guys know.I bought this gun used for $250,and love it.For me it's the perfect .45.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Nice buy ... I bought mine that I had in stainless and ported for 300. :) Let us know how you do.

·
Super Moderator
35,143 Posts
I started out shooting my P90 in IDPA, but attained a 9mm P85 eventually. 9mm gives you quicker recovery, faster shot strings, and the tapered mags went in the mag well better on reloads. That P90 would hang on the edge of the mag well and it's not real easy that I can see to have a bevel job done to it. That used to rip me when it happened.

But, good luck! I always figured that really, it's best to shoot what you carry. That's why I shot my Kel Tec P11 a couple of matches.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah,I'm from the shoot what you carry club too...but I want to qualify in CDP.Plus the 945 is my home defense gun.I'm Marksman in SSR,and Sharpshooter in SSP.After I qualify I'll porbably go back to my PT111.

·
Administrator
17,919 Posts
Sweet Deal! Hope you do well at the Match and hope you like your New-to-you PT945!

My PT945 is my Winter House and Carry Gun.

BTW, for holsters I have a Kydex Glock 21 IWB holster and a Fobus HK-1 Holster that fits it perfectly.

1998 vintage PT945

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well,I did better than expected..I made sharpshooter by 3 seconds!I was happy.Actually our whole group did pretty well..all but one guy either classified their 1st time out,or moved up.
BTW if anyone knows where I can get rubber grips like yours JWC007..let me know.....all in all I'm really happy w/ this gun.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Make that 15 seconds...I rechecked my time....I'm 15 seconds from expert too..maybe next time..... ;D

·
Administrator
17,919 Posts
The grip on my PT945 is a Hogue Handall Universal Grip Sleeve. I have further customized the PT945 with a first generation PT908/PT945 older style trigger and Sprinco Recoil Buffering System.
http://www.sprinco.com/

I will also be Bobbing the hammer slightly whenever I can get my Dremel repaired. Will post the results in the Gunsmithing Section when done.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that I look closer I can see it's a sleeve..I think I'll try one.The only thing I had done to my 945 is I had a smith take off the beavertail.I have arthritis and have a weird grip,and beaver tails beat the crap out of my hand(like bleeding).so I had him shave that baby right off..beast move I ever made.I've stayed away from certain desings because of this problem,but now,I've discovered the joy of a "custom" gun.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Maybe slightly off subject, but I have a brand new PT945, and did some browsing on the Taurus websight. First, it takes some looking to even find the PT945's. They are there but not all that easy to find. Next, there is a place where you can enter your guns serial number, and get the model info. I did this with my gun which has the s/n on the slide, the frame, and the bolt, and it could not find anything! Maybe the 945 is a mystery gun after all!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts