Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have an unusual problem. I picked up two Taurus branded PT24/7 9mm magazines and would like to now purchase the matching pistol. They both have the Taurus 24/7 logo on the base, but no indication if they are for Gen1 or G2. Is there a way to tell?

·
Registered
36,023 Posts
First are you aware that all Taurus 24/7 were recalled due to safety issues?
so finding one might be a challenge if you still want one.
and to try to answer your question to my knowledge all 24/7 models use the same magazine as long as caliber is correct except the 24/ 7 C Pro D/S, which is the compact and even it will accept regular mags but they will protrude from the bottom of the grip frame.
there was also a California complaint 24/7 mag (and weapon) but tis the same size as the regular mag except it only accepts 10 rounds of ammo.
here were no gen 1 and gen 2 pistols the lineup went
24/7
24/7 pro
24/7 pro D/S
and there were variants of these models such as the OSS, the C (compact), the kalifornia complaint model.
hope this answers your question.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Trigger if like Glock Garbage it is a Gen II if not Nice find it is a Gen I

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
First are you aware that all Taurus 24/7 were recalled due to safety issues?
so finding one might be a challenge if you still want one.
and to try to answer your question to my knowledge all 24/7 models use the same magazine as long as caliber is correct except the 24/ 7 C Pro D/S, which is the compact and even it will accept regular mags but they will protrude from the bottom of the grip frame.
there was also a California complaint 24/7 mag (and weapon) but tis the same size as the regular mag except it only accepts 10 rounds of ammo.
here were no gen 1 and gen 2 pistols the lineup went
24/7
24/7 pro
24/7 pro D/S
and there were variants of these models such as the OSS, the C (compact), the kalifornia complaint model.
hope this answers your question.
Don't forget the 24/7 G2 and the 24/7 G2C. I did check my PT24/7G2C magazines and they clearly have the G2 on there. They are, however .45ACP and not 9mm, so don't count this as definitive.

This is one of my pet peeves with Taurus magazines. Each magazine has a part number and it would be easy for Taurus to have stamped the number on the magazine, in addition to the caliber.

·
Registered
36,023 Posts
Don't forget the 24/7 G2 and the 24/7 G2C. I did check my PT24/7G2C magazines and they clearly have the G2 on there. They are, however .45ACP and not 9mm, so don't count this as definitive.

This is one of my pet peeves with Taurus magazines. Each magazine has a part number and it would be easy for Taurus to have stamped the number on the gun, in addition to the caliber.

HMMM???
OK my Bad then!
I had no idea that the G2 was still listed as a 24/7.
I owned a OSS, which was listed as a PT24/7 D/S OSS and two PT24/7 C Pro D/S .
that was the last encounter that I had with any 24/7 and thought they were all discontinued after the recall?
so I will leave this conversation up to you more recent guys.

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
Registered
11 Posts
QUOTE:
"This is not an anti-firearms lawsuit.
This is a defective product lawsuit," said Birmingham attorney Todd Wheeles, co-lead counsel representing plaintiffs in the 2013 federal lawsuit.

"This hopefully will help save lives by taking defective firearms off the street."

The settlement affects customers who bought the following models sold between 1997 and 2013 in the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam: PT-111 Millennium; PT-132 Millennium; PT-138-Millennium; PT-140 Millennium; PT-145 Millennium; PT-745 Millennium; PT-609; PT-640; and PT-24/7.

Despite the voluntary recall, Taurus denied in a statement Friday night that there are any design defects in the models.

"Neither the settlement nor the allegations in the case include any of the popular Taurus G2 model pistols," according to the Taurus statement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know what (if any) magazines are compatible with the PT-24/7 gen 1 9mm?

Also, does anyone know of any springs that work with the gen 1 mags?

I have a 24/7 Pro in 9mm with 2 aging 17 rd mags with softening springs. Replacement mags seem to have disappeared from the market and I can't find any compatible springs. I really like the gun and would hate to trade it in for a G2c, but without magazines it's just a cool looking paper weight.

I've heard the Sig P229 and Beretta 92 mags may be compatible, but can't find a definitive answer. I've also seen that 24/7 gen 1 mags fit the G3 but can't determine if the inverse is true. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts