Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has had experience with a international arms corp. 1911 thinking of giving up my glock 22 for one but not to familiar with it

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Never heard of em.

Reactions: jimb1972

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Looks like it might be a Regent and IAC is the importer. Bud's has Turkish 1911's (the Regent is Turkish) for $340-$500 depending on options new. I don't know which manufacturer in Turkey makes it, I have guns from Sarsilmaz and Girsan and they are all good quality. Heard good things about the Tisas but do not own one.

·
22,034 Posts
If you don't have 1911, you should get it. Best handgun ever designed vs. tupperware. :D

Sorry. It doesn't really seem like anyone is making bad 1911s these days, with one exception that isn't this company and that escapes my mind at the moment.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Its a good looking 1911.

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
It appears to be a standard G I 1911 A-1?
if so you can pick up a Used RIA or ATI like that for less money ad have brand recognition/ warranty that people are familiar with and makes resale much more attractive.
Just my thoughts.
425 for a used 1911 isn't that big of a deal unless its a Colt, Dan Wesson, S & W etc.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
1911's and Glocks are very different weapons. I have both and carry the Glock 22. I know there are plenty of people who carry 1911's, but I've just never really been able to get over the cocked-and-locked issue, but that's just a personal problem. :) I'm much more comfortable carrying DAO and the polymer sure is more comfortable than a full steel carry gun.

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
1911's and Glocks are very different weapons. I have both and carry the Glock 22. I know there are plenty of people who carry 1911's, but I've just never really been able to get over the cocked-and-locked issue, but that's just a personal problem. :) I'm much more comfortable carrying DAO and the polymer sure is more comfortable than a full steel carry gun.
well can't help or debate the carrying cocked and locked but personally I am a lot more comfortable carrying with 2 mechanic safeties and 3 built in safeties than carrying with a trigger paddle safety.
and of course there are many different 1911's both in size and weight.
heres a Commander alloy frame and officers alloy frame that are likely lighter than the Glock and certainly more slim.
but everybody has likes and dislikes.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
A glock and most other poly pistols are not DAO, basically you are carrying cocked and unlocked but for a little trigger flipper. Just because there is no hammer visible does not mean the kinetic energy to fire the weapon is not already stored in the spring and striker.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts