Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Saw this yesterday and tried to go to the website on the picture, but couldn't find it.

What is it, besides a knock you on your Ass gun? :D

Attachments

Reactions: RobThatsMe

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Saw this yesterday and tried to go to the website on the picture, but couldn't find it.

What is it, besides a knock you on your Ass gun? :D

Looks like the new model of the legal Biden assault rifle all 40 pounds of it.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
It's a 'volley gun' of some sort but it ain't a Nock. I didn't know that anybody else made any. Nock made a few hundred for the British Navy but they weren't well received. The idea was to carry them into the fighting tops and fire down on the enemy ship's crew. The problem was lighting off 6 or 7 .50 caliber musket barrels at once shove a man off balance and right off the fighting top.

Henry Nock gave the cluster of barrels on his a round profile.

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
jtg is right, it looks like a Volley gun of some sort.

Unlike the pepperbox guns which were supposed to fire individually (but not always :D ) those things would blast all barrels together. I have shot a double barrel 12 ga shot gun both barrels just to see what it would do (ouch). I can't imagine firing that thing! :D

Edit: here is a wikipedea article on Volley guns, Volley gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , and one on the Nock Gun he mentioned Nock gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I like this Volley gun! :D

Volley gun.png

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I'll bet it would take two men and a boy to carry that thing around. Cool lookin', though.
Nah,super joe could carry that on his wife's back out to the terrace!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
I'll bet it would take two men and a boy to carry that thing around. Cool lookin', though.

:D :D Nope, just one man... Chuck Norris... Enough said :D :D :D

·
Banned
5,818 Posts
If it fires all barrels on 1 trigger pull wouldn't it be an NFA item? Or is it allowed because of age?

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
If it fires all barrels on 1 trigger pull wouldn't it be an NFA item? Or is it allowed because of age?
I think it falls under "curio and relic" it was produced in the 1780's time frame.

(Back in the good old days when the public in this country could legally have the same arms as the military)

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I think it falls under "curio and relic" it was produced in the 1780's time frame.

(Back in the good old days when the public in this country could legally have the same arms as the military)
Biden or the gun?

·
Registered
29,777 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Officially, it may be a volley gun but, unofficially, it has to be a pain in the ass to both load AND clean. ;)

But, since it is a blackpowder gun, technically, I don't think you would even have to transfer it through an FFL, much less register it under NFA.

(However, NFA restrictions are over and above the definitions of C&R. You could, technically, have something that is old enough to fall under C&R, but if it were full-auto, it would still be illegal unless it has been properly registered and transferred via Class 3 dealer.)

Reactions: jwc007
1 - 14 of 14 Posts