Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, just for kicks I strapped on my OSS .45 on my hip when I got dressed, just to see if my wife would notice. After about 3 hours I was feeling pretty confident b/c she hadn't noticed or said anything. Then it happened...she asked me to run to the store for her. I got paranoid. I figured everybody in WallyWorld could tell I was carring and I'd get called on it. I just got what I needed and got the heck out of there without anybody noticing. At this point I have to admit I haven't got my CCW yet (waiting on the next class next month) but I wasn't planning on going anywhere so what the hell. I could feel the weight of my .45 and it felt all of a sudden that I was leaning to my right with that weight. I wasn't feeling as confident as I did running around the house. I felt like everone knew my secret. Talk about a weird feeling. I am usually a pretty confident person, as a general rule, but not today. After I got back home from the store I took the gun off my belt and put it back by my bedside where it stays most of the time. Safe and sound. No harm, no foul. I plan on carrying the same gun after I get my CCW but I don't think I'll try my little "experiment" again until I actually have my permit in my hands...maybe I'll feel less paranoid then. I hope so anyway.;)

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Yes, once you get your permit you will get to where you don't even think about carrying. My biggest worry is my gun is so comfortable, I have to watch out for those gun buster signs. I don't shop where they have those.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know I dodged a bullet on that excursion and know I am not going to try tht stupid stunt again!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I know I dodged a bullet on that excursion and know I am not going to try tht stupid stunt again!!!!!!!!!!
Damn! Just reading about your "excursion" stressed me out. Don't ever do that again, or I'll be forced to reach through the monitor and slap some sense into you. :icon_ nono:

BTW, Merry Christmas :smile:

Reactions: gbusmech

·
Registered
977 Posts
just carry open and you wolnt have to worry about this crap, nevermind the fact that this is a gestapo type law requiring you to have a permit in the first place.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
To paraphrase a line from Centennial by RJ Poteet the Trail Boss in the cattle drive episode. There are 10 things that could've happened to you with this and 9 of them are bad. You just had your one, so be careful.

Merry Christmas. Glad it worked out for you.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Too big of a chance to take so stop that crap..........

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Good way to ensure you'll never have a CCW permit.

·
Super Moderator
35,081 Posts
I think he gets the point.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.